M ITALY 8" Swivel Bolster

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Stamped M ITALY over INOX in an oval 8" Swivel Bolster...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Re: M ITALY 8" Swivel Bolster

Post by thom »

Another beauty. Did you just buy an estate sale?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Another beauty. Did you just buy an estate sale?
LMAO!...Thank you Thom. Just making a few feeble attempts towards the vintage. Hasn't been all that smooth. Makes buying modern a whole lot "safer". But, I believe it's part of the progression of stiletto disease lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JulesVane wrote: But, I believe it's part of the progression of stiletto disease lol.
It is. Within a year you will be getting rid of all your modern stuff.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

JimBrown257 wrote:
It is. Within a year you will be getting rid of all your modern stuff.
I believe this to be true Jeremy. In fact, if it weren't for the fear of seller's remorse, the Bay would be flooded already with my stuff lol.

texans123

Post by texans123 »

Nice one, nice horn.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

I really dig that blade grind a lot!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

picklocksrock wrote:I really dig that blade grind a lot!
Some of the very later picklocks can be found with this grind also. Here are 2 EIG Cutlery's and an unstamped model in 9"...

Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I like the Swedge blade, wish it was more common. The unstamped ones always intrigue me... I've heard that the ones without stamps were non-exported models made for local consumption, which can make them more desirable. The M.Inox (widely considered to be a Mario stamp) is another good one. Interesting to see them marked like this into the transitional period.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:I like the Swedge blade, wish it was more common. The unstamped ones always intrigue me... I've heard that the ones without stamps were non-exported models made for local consumption, which can make them more desirable. The M.Inox (widely considered to be a Mario stamp) is another good one. Interesting to see them marked like this into the transitional period.
I have a few with no stamps,as I know the story, lets say a knife,must have a trade mark,or as we say a tang stamp so it can be exported,I will dig a few out and bring them to the Mystic show,to show them off,lol
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Great finds, Chris. At this rate, your vintage knives will soon outnumber your modern ones, which is no small feat.

The lowermost knife in the group pic sure has one bigass swedge. Very cool and unusual looking blade.
byronAroum

Post by byronAroum »

While reading through that itinerary, I just realized I really need a trip like this in my life lol. Seems like you had a ton of fun, Ginacico.