Walt's New 9" Dagger Grind

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Walt's New 9" Dagger Grind

Post by JulesVane »

Much like the 9" Half Grind, I had to contact Walt to find these available as they were not yet advertised on his site. Very nice horn, sits deep, great snap. Walt, as per usual, added the case, box, lots of Quick Release oil and newsletter. Might anyone know if this is the first year for the 9" Dagger?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Re: Walt's New 9" Dagger Grind

Post by thom »

Nice, I ordered a black acrylic from PVK last night. Did Walt show you pictures before you ordered?
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Nice, I ordered a black acrylic from PVK last night. Did Walt show you pictures before you ordered?
Thom
Hi Thom, as I was only interested (nice way of saying "could afford") one, I asked about the Primo Brazilian and Ram Horn and he showed me 4 Primo and 3 Ram. PVK is how I caught the first glimpse to contact Walt, but at the time, I only saw Cocobolo and Abalone there. You say Black Acrylic? Interesting. Hadn't thought that to be offered.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

JV, I used my points at PVK. I do have a 9" Walt's dagger, but it is a flatguard. Might be the first time for the 5mm dagger.
Thom
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Nice one, Chris. I saw those on the PVK site too. Judging from their pics, it appears that the new dagger tips sit a little deeper than they did on the last run of half-grinds, but they're still not what I'd call deeply seated. How's yours?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Nice one, Chris. I saw those on the PVK site too. Judging from their pics, it appears that the new dagger tips sit a little deeper than they did on the last run of half-grinds, but they're still not what I'd call deeply seated. How's yours?
Thanks Rick. Certainly well below the liners on the dagger. I should take a pic as that was quite the issue on the half grinds as you're very well aware. I'm wondering if it was an issue with the blade design. Very broad in the center. (Naturally, could be way off/wrong).

Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I agree that the peaking issue is partially due to the blade profile; lotsa 'belly' for a 9" stiletto. If you press on the closed blade, the edge contacts the kick spring with very little room to spare. Glad to see they tweaked it a bit for the dagger run.