New Additions

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
repligun

New Additions

Post by repligun »

Just received these two. I do not claim to be an expert, I just fell in love with switch's since I first saw Garrisons Gorillas when I was 11 years old. The Pearl was acquired in the states and the black handle came from China. The safety slide lock on the Pearl seemed to loosen up a bit and now slides back on its own when held in an upright position. Each one came with its own belt "holster".
sammy the blade

Re: New Additions

Post by sammy the blade »

Glad to see you got a couple you like!
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Great start to the collecting world repligun! I'm sure that many a collector started with Asian made switchblades. Before long, you'll be looking for vintage/antique Italian pieces (give it a year or so lol). Your wallet and bank account will just never be the same lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
repligun

Post by repligun »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sorry , I meant to say that I had posted before. I have been collecting since I was 18. My other posts can found under repligun.
sammy the blade

You have some nice knives but I think the pearl may be from China too. Never saw an Italian that the tang wasn't printed instead of written but I've been wrong before.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Both of the first knives you posted are Chinese. They are pretty much exactly the same construction. The one marked "AKC" is counterfeit.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
repligun

Post by repligun »

They seem pretty sturdy being from China and very sharp!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Whatever you think....
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
repligun

Post by repligun »

At 15 bucks each, they'er fun.
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

I've picked up a couple of the China Knock offs. Those are the ones I'll use for flick therapy & let friends fire off. The Genuine pieces are my favs! I need another 9" Leverletto, those I love!
repligun

Post by repligun »

My thoughts exactly. I don't even like closing my good ones and putting tension on the springs. I'm going to take one of the China ones in the machine shop and recess the back handle so I can put in a 1st Cav Vietnam pin and present it to my friend.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The only thing about the China ones is the miss labelled AKC one that is a counterfeit as Bill stated above. Copying a style is OK....Using another company's name on a cheap copy of it isn't....There are many fake knives with Bill's name on them out there....
sammy the blade

Where did you get the stilettos?
repligun

Post by repligun »

My apologizes Bill, I did not know of your knives until this thread. Using another companies name is bull...t. Sorry they stole from you. The knives came off of ebay. One was from a private seller in the states and the other was from a company in China. A day after the China transaction ebay shut the site down but the blade had already been shipped out.