Sumrall/Kreis Razor

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Sumrall/Kreis Razor

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Jeremy built this great 9" switch-razor for my friend Aaron Sumrall and I think it's just gorgeous. For those of you on Facebook, you can find Aaron in the group Free Range Automatic Outlaws. The scales are dyed and stabilized Eland bone.

Since I like big knives, I came up with this one in 12" length. Right now I am making some strategic financial decisions about paying off a Corvette and not running out of money in retirement, so I have no immediate plans to commission it, but I wanted to share both versions.

Mine is a bit dressier with some simple coining on the spine of the blade and a violin shaped locktab. The rest of the look comes from thick liners and blade (5/32" = 4 mm) and again some colorful bone scales.

The following views show the internals. Note that the two piece spring allows replacement of the kicker by removing just one pin. Also, the point of the blade is so low that it sits super deep in the bladewell. This design is 7/8" wide at the pommel (the widest spot), so it's big and sturdy. Note also that the nose is notched to accommodate the lock tab rather than being narrowed like most picklocks. This is more styling than function. With the addition of a safety it would make a smooth, non-snag EDC.

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."