SloJoe 28cm Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: SloJoe 28cm Picklock

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Corvus wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:
Corvus wrote: Do you (or anyone else) know of a production stiletto that uses those solid guard-less bolsters or are they only used by manglers and custom makers?
The builder/customizer makes those bolsters from a solid piece of metal.

Many AGAs have bolsters made from a solid piece (never guardless as far as I know) but that is the only production Italian with solid bolsters.
I'm skeptical that the bolsters on my knife were made by the customizer. Looking at a wide variety of customized/mangled knives, I keep seeing what appear to be exactly the same parts in brass or NS used over and over again. The contours look too complex and uniform to be handmade on a grinder. I think they're mass-produced.
You can be skeptical all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that a customizer made the bolsters. Bolsters like that are the easiest ones to make.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
cameronknives

Post by cameronknives »

Bills right!
I love it when the customer wants an ear-less front guard as I can do them in about 10 minutes! Their the easiest guards to make out of all of them.

George
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

cameronknives wrote: I love it when the customer wants an ear-less front guard
It's like when you are a kid and find out you have a half-day at school.