8" Coricama

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: 8" Coricama

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks DonC and Luke! I was beginning to get the impression that it was “all bad”. I’m feeling a bit better about it today.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Should you want the correct pins installed, I can take care of that for you.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Should you want the correct pins installed, I can take care of that for you.
Bill, thank you SO much for your kind offer to correct this "situation" for me. Lord knows you've helped me out with issues similar to this in the very recent past and I'm very grateful. Jeremy had made the offer to correct the pins and this piece was boxed up and sent out at 8:30am this morning! It's wonderful for all of us to have you here to help us in times like this. Once again, thank you for everything!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Super looking Coricama Chris. 8)
I would be proud to own it.

Cleaned or not its a beautiful looking knife and will fit nicely into your ever growing and stunning collection.

Just remember to leave a few knives for the other collectors mate. :D

Hope alls well your end.

Ian
Riven67

Post by Riven67 »

Very nice knife. I don't mean to hijack your thread so I apologize in advance but I have a Coricama very similar to yours but with different handles. But what made me pause is to ask does it take away from the value to clean an old knife ? The comments made here seem to insinuate that's the case. I ask because my spring is a little rusty from being handled and I was wondering if I should leave it alone as the original patina or to try to clean it?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Riven, you can add to this thread all you like. I'm glad you chimed in and welcome you to post your Coricama here if you wish or start a new Blade Pictures thread...your call. I've read the general rule is to not clean and NEVER sharpen, but once I think I've learned something, I'm reminded I never did. I've personally come to the old conclusion: "You're damned if you do, damned if you don't" lol. Let the pros here see your Coricama and let's get their opinion. Here's mine after Jeremy corrected the pins...

Riven67

Post by Riven67 »

Thanks JulesVane for the info. Yes I agree it seems when it comes to collecting anything old, the field is always split between those that clean and those that do not. I've already been told mine has lost some value due to it being sharpened which left some scratch patterns. Here is a pic, in person the blade does not look bad at all, but in the pic it seems the camera catches all the scratches.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I would cherish your knife, no matter. It's super nice!