Renzo Pascotto 10" (25cm) Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Renzo Pascotto 10" (25cm) Picklocks

Post by JulesVane »

My prizes of my A.G.A. Campolin 10"-5mm picklock collection...Rams, MOP, Buffalo & Stag...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Re: Renzo Pascotto 10" (25cm) Picklocks

Post by Corvus »

*Gulp* Man, talk about the cream of a beautiful collection. :shock:

Any idea how many were handled in MOP? That's gotta be real rarity.

Do you notice any consistent difference between the AGA and Renzo P marked knives in terms of fit or finish?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

This Mother Of Pearl is stamped #1 of 14 Prototypes (The Rams is #5) made in 2012. It's the only MOP that I personally have ever seen in the 10"ers. Other than I'm sure Renzo Pascotto got "the pick of the litter" when it came to the prettiest scales, I don't find any quality differences between the Renzo Pascotto stamp and the A.G.A. Campolin stamp. The RP stamp DOES mean a lot more to some as far as collectible.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
Wow! Impressive collection. Fabulous!
The RP stamp is rare in comparison to AGA. I’m guessing but, in time, the RP stamp should become more rare and perhaps more valuable.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

john wrote:Hi Chris,
The RP stamp is rare in comparison to AGA. I’m guessing but, in time, the RP stamp should become more rare and perhaps more valuable.
John
Thank you John! I also agree. I was more than lucky to add these to my collection, rather...blessed beyond grateful.

Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

john wrote:Hi Chris,
John
If you take a look now, it appears Angelo is capitalizing on this mentality - there's been a few hundred Frosolones put out this year, each stating very explicitely that Pascotto happens to be 80 this year and "dont miss out on his stamp!" The first 11'' frosolones limited to 100 were cool, worth the extra 20-30 bucks for me but the more and more knives put out with the stamp the less special the stamp gets in my opinion.

I'd like to see some more Maniago picklocks come out with his stamp. I have a feeling we will see some more based on the pattern / volume of pascotto stamped frosolones released this year. I'll probably buy a couple as long as they aren't some stupidly high price.

Not sure what you paid Jules but this is certainly an awesome bunch

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Luke! These pictured above, are the original 2 of 14 prototypes (MOP & Rams) from 2012. The Buffalo & Stag are from the very first run of 150 made in 2013. Not sure how many of that 150 Renzo Pascotto chose to stamp with his name, but I'm sure a very limited number. Angelo had announced a new run of 10"- 5mm picklocks were in the works quite a few months ago and was hoping for a September release (which isn't quite looking they will make that projected date). Bernie had mentioned that Renzo Pascotto will NOT be involved with the new run (never did quite understand that). As far as the Renzo Pascotto Frosolone styles that we recently got from Angelo, I see the 11" Brazilian (like you mentioned) was limited to 100 pieces. The MOP, Abalone and Cocobola state "only a few" were made. Sadly, at 80 years old, I'm not sure we can count on a whole lot more of Renzo Pascotto stamped new production. Naturally, I'm hoping to be wrong.