SWEET PAIR of Buck 110's Customized By Joe Kelly

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

SWEET PAIR of Buck 110's Customized By Joe Kelly

Post by barshoo »

This is a pair of Buck 110's customized by Joe Kelly. The top one is scaled with MOP and stone that is similar in appearance to Turquois...I just don't remember what it is! (I am geriatric-memory challenged. :shock: :lol: ) The second one is scaled with Abalone. I also forget how and with what that he made the cool buttons! :cry: Notice how polished and SHINY the stainless steel is on both knives! (You can clearly see the reflection of my fingers...) The filework is pretty great, too! It is hard to tell on the Abalone Buck 110 that the filework is a diamond pattern. Both fire with a kick, and the blades are super sharp. Both came with leather "Buck" sheaths. Please enjoy...

I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
JulesVane

Re: SWEET PAIR of Buck 110's Customized By Joe Kelly

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful Barb! Super sweet scales. Are the bolsters really stainless? They have that "golden tone" like nickel/silver gets. They sure can polish stainless up nice! (I've often wondered how they polish stainless up to such a shine).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hi Chris! I don't know if you saw my Nate Clark pair of custom MOP-scaled knives, but those knives were made in Stainless Steel and MIRROR-polished, just like these two! Yes. I DO think it's SS, because the frame and the liners are ONE with each other. You can see that, if you look closely where the stone meets with the liner up against the bolsters (in the 2nd picture)... :shock: :D
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Amazing Barb! I (we) have seen some beautifully polished stainless steel and these are great examples. All the stainless steel bolsters in my collection, turn that rather ugly gray (grey?) color. I wish I knew how to mirror shine them anywhere near your examples. Really nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I have another custom knife (with SS bolsters) that shines like these two!! It's really cool! :mrgreen: It will be one of the next ones that I show. I'm taking more pictures in the morning. I'll post them tomorrow, or more likely the next day...it just depends. :D
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

By the way, these two are 7 1/4" OAL. :)
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Those are absolutely georgous!!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

THANK you Jay! Watch for two posts listed tomorrow for two custom knives, both with shiny examples of HIGHLY POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL that LOOKS like Nickel Silver. These knives were CREATED, not modified commercial versions! Look for a post featuring knives by "SMALLFOOT" and RENDON GRIFFEN.