9" FB Mammoth Tooth-Scaled Classic By Rick

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

9" FB Mammoth Tooth-Scaled Classic By Rick

Post by barshoo »

Here is a Frank B Classic, with bayo blade, and re-scaled with Mammoth Tooth (by Rick Giroux). Check out how FAT it is...I mean for it being Mammoth Tooth. Well, I think it's fat! When I asked him why he did not install safety switches on his knives, he told me that he was lazy, and that safeties were for sissies! :lol: It came with a leather sheath. I'm sorry that I didn't get all the dust off it... :roll: :mrgreen:

I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
sammy the blade

Re: 9" FB Mammoth Tooth-Scaled Classic By Rick

Post by sammy the blade »

You surprise us everyday. What a beauty!
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

What a SWEETY you are, Sammy! I'd like to think that I have a few surprises left up my sleeve. I'm encouraging others to post their beauties...I LOVE to see what is in their collections! :D
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Nice knife! I love how deep it sits... Rick was getting pretty good at re-scaling (RIP) he will be missed. Cherish it!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you, Luke! I really DO cherish it...it was the last rescaled knife that he did (for me, that is), and I traded some stuff for it. He was really good to me! I miss him like crazy:cry: :( :|
DonC

Post by DonC »

Don't know if this will work or not but here's one of Rick's rescale jobs of a Frank B in Ostrich bone. He said it came out too thick to add a safety which was fine by me.
DonC
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Don, THAT is a keeper!! What a gorgeous knife!! Those HAVE to be Nickel Silver bolsters...Did you take this picture?? I admire your photography! So, THAT is what ostrich bone looks like... :shock: Rick did some nice work! I have other examples to show, and will soon. He did a slimline in Rams Horn, and it is SO fat that it's comical!! It's in another knife case that is sorta buried right now. I'll show it to you soon. THANK you for sharing this with me (us)!!! :D
DonC

Post by DonC »

Barb: Thanks for the kind words. The bolsters are SS, they've just been polished. Had to take down my camera set up when some repairs were made to the house and just haven't gotten around to setting it back up.
DonC
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Who polished the bolsters, Don? I'm curious to know! Also, I wonder who I talk to about having a commemorative knife made to honor Rick Giroux? I'll start by asking Sammy Da Blade to see if he has ideas. I am certain that a lot of guys would buy them. Rick touched a lot of lives in the knife collecting community! :) :(
omega

Post by omega »

DonC: That 28cm in rescaled Ostrich bone is one of the most beautiful stilettos I've seen. I don't know what we're all going to do since Rick is gone - he did some really beautiful work. Watching the progression of his rescale jobs over the years was wonderful - it just kept getting better!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

It's good to see you "Mr Omega" :D I'd love to talk to you on the phone again sometime! PM me if that's cool with you. Barb
omega

Post by omega »

barshoo wrote:It's good to see you "Mr Omega" :D I'd love to talk to you on the phone again sometime! PM me if that's cool with you. Barb
Check your PM's Ms Barshoo! Current contact info is there!

Cheers!

Chris 8)
DonC

Post by DonC »

Barb: 4 Micron diamond paste and a 1" felt Dremel wheel. It takes some time but the bolsters usually clean up well.
DonC
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Ahh...Dremel tool. God knows I could wipe the bolsters with a cloth and polish until the cows came home with no real results lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

DonC wrote:Barb: 4 Micron diamond paste and a 1" felt Dremel wheel. It takes some time but the bolsters usually clean up well.
DonC
I have a good Dremel, and I MAY have the felt wheel...is that 1" in diameter, Don? I also think it's a good idea to use a good rouge when polishing