A Few Walt's Classics

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

A Few Walt's Classics

Post by JulesVane »

Small collection going on.....Has anyone heard any further on the 9"ers making it on to Walt's site? I'd like to see what more 9" are available, but none there yet...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Re: A Few Walt's Classics

Post by thom »

Really nice. Love the fourth one down, actually love them all.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Really nice. Love the fourth one down, actually love them all.
Thom
Thanks Thom. Have you heard anything about the delay Walt must have run into on the 9's? I know he mentioned he was short-handed, but had finally found help to get them online. That was quite a while ago. I'm sure we would all love to see what's available.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

very, very nice! Those are great looking pieces!
I'm also interested in checking out the current offering of 9s.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

ljerr2 wrote:very, very nice! Those are great looking pieces!
I'm also interested in checking out the current offering of 9s.
Thanks Jerrod. The bottom 11" traditional bayo you may recognize, it use to be yours! lol. I'm surprised Walt hasn't posted the 9"s yet. I'd at least like to "window shop".

ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

I knew that one looked familiar!! ;)
pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

Beautiful Chris, especially those two 9s (4 and 6 down) wow! I bet whoever sold you those is still kicking himself! Love that traditional bayo too,always liked that best on the 11s.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

pappy57 wrote:Beautiful Chris, especially those two 9s (4 and 6 down) wow! I bet whoever sold you those is still kicking himself! Love that traditional bayo too,always liked that best on the 11s.
lol...Yes Ron, the guy (you) that parted with those 2 beauties will always be appreciated! I'm pretty sure all blade grinds are covered here: Traditional Bayo, Half Grind and Dagger. Though, I only have these modern pieces and no vintage.

barshoo

Post by barshoo »

These knives are SO beautiful, Chris!! I LOVE your Walt's collection!!
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

barshoo wrote:These knives are SO beautiful, Chris!! I LOVE your Walt's collection!!
Thank you Barb! Following along with all your wonderful posts of your collection as well.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Call Walt. He can probably email you pictures of what's available.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

He could be going through what he has to check for QC issues... I ended up sending mine back because they were peeking and he said he'd email me back when he had a solution... that was a month ago. I'm sure he will make it right, but this prolonged lack of any mention of the 9 inchers on his website may well mean that I wasn't the only one who got some bad eggs... it's a darn shame... I'm in love with all the scales!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Sweet collection you have
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
stiletto39

Post by stiletto39 »

Here’s my collection of Walt’s classics from a few years back... Still have them all, just thought I would share them again..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19120&p=233331#p230116

Marco