Walt's Latama MOP

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Walt's Latama MOP

Post by thom »

Just got this one, hope you like as much as I do.
Thom
barshoo

Re: Walt's Latama MOP

Post by barshoo »

OHHHHHHH!!!! MY HEART!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sorry, Thom, I THOUGHT I had cardiac arrest when I saw these pictures!! It's insanely BRILLIANT...The MOP is gorgeous!! GREAT catch... :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
thom

Post by thom »

I am really happy with it.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

You could nickname that one "White Lightning"!! :shock:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

SUPER SPECIAL Thom! Sweeet!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Very nice!
Hell, I'd like it even more if it was mine. :mrgreen:
"Everyone is your neighbor."
DonC

Post by DonC »

Nice one. Walt puts out some great knives.
DonC
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thom, did you have this piece rescaled with the MOP? The stamp looks like the newest models, but I never saw MOP in the new Walt's. I think I saw one Walt's in MOP before (not the Elite models), that had MOP scales but, for some odd reason, the bolsters were stainless steel instead of nickel/silver. I never could figure that one out.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

That's gorgeous! Really fiery MOP, too.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

JulesVane wrote:Thom, did you have this piece rescaled with the MOP? The stamp looks like the newest models, but I never saw MOP in the new Walt's. I think I saw one Walt's in MOP before (not the Elite models), that had MOP scales but, for some odd reason, the bolsters were stainless steel instead of nickel/silver. I never could figure that one out.
I have Nickel Silver bolsters on my 9" Walt's Flatguard picklock, and filework. I thought maybe it came that way from the factory...but now I wonder if it was rescaled in Brazilion Horn by someone, and the NS bolsters added... :? :| :?:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

JulesVane wrote:SUPER SPECIAL Thom! Sweeet!

Thom, is that an 11 incher???
thom

Post by thom »

Yes it is 11". All the Walt's have N/S bolsters. I'm sure the bolsters and horn are original. Not sure on early Walt's, but the newer ones with file work, the file work was done by TbarK in Texas. Walt has used others too, Mike from painted pony, maybe Bill, maybe others.
Walt gets the knives from Frank B. Some he sold as is, and some he had customized. But I'm sure what you have is original from Walt. The older ones may have been customized by Frank B. with Walt's stamp. I think the newer ones Walt gets from Frank B. Then Walt adds his stamp and he has some customized.
Hope that answers your question.

Walt is sometimes vague when answering MY questions. He is illusive. But very nice, friendly and a great guy. He has always been very good to me.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

[/quote]

I have Nickel Silver bolsters on my 9" Walt's Flatguard picklock, and filework. I thought maybe it came that way from the factory...but now I wonder if it was rescaled in Brazilion Horn by someone, and the NS bolsters added... :? :| :?:[/quote]

Barb, I'm fairly sure that all Walt's (most?) used nickel/silver bolsters. I had remembered a MOP "like" Thom's posted a while back that used stainless steel bolsters instead. I just couldn't figure out why the elegant scales, yet stainless steel bolsters: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25195

thom

Post by thom »

When Walt was making flatguards they all 3.5mm blades. When he went to bolster release also went to 5mm blades. Although I have a walts 5mm flatguard.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

thom wrote:Yes it is 11". All the Walt's have N/S bolsters. I'm sure the bolsters and horn are original. Not sure on early Walt's, but the newer ones with file work, the file work was done by TbarK in Texas. Walt has used others too, Mike from painted pony, maybe Bill, maybe others.
Walt gets the knives from Frank B. Some he sold as is, and some he had customized. But I'm sure what you have is original from Walt. The older ones may have been customized by Frank B. with Walt's stamp. I think the newer ones Walt gets from Frank B. Then Walt adds his stamp and he has some customized.
Hope that answers your question.

Walt is sometimes vague when answering MY questions. He is illusive. But very nice, friendly and a great guy. He has always been very good to me.
Thank you for answering my question! I appreciate the education, too. You new Walt's is so beautiful, and I love the grind on the blade!