New AGA 11" Dagger

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

New AGA 11" Dagger

Post by thom »

Just got this, the new AGA Dagger picklock. Just like the 70th anniversary knife but with dagger blade. There is a picture of the 2 together. These are really good deals in my opinion. N/S bolsters, full brass liners, good looking blade and fires hard with solid lock up.
Thom

Corvus

Re: New AGA 11" Dagger

Post by Corvus »

Looks great. I've been eyeing those, but I haven't heard much feedback on them. How do they compare with the Walt's 11" in terms of fit, tightness, gaps, etc? They're certainly a more affordable option.
thom

Post by thom »

Walt's is a better knife. Much better fit and finish and 5mm blade and spring, much better looking scales also. But the AGA is half the price. I would definitely recommend a Walt's.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beauty you have there Thom. I have shown what little self-control I have in that purchase thus far. Lord knows I'm "weak" lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

They really are a good deal, especially with the 10% off. They are just like the 70th aniv. knife. If you were happy with it, you will love the dagger.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks, Thom. I appreciate the feedback. Yours look so good, and they're such a bargain that I may have to grab one in mother-of-toilet seat just for the novelty.
thom

Post by thom »

Corvus, You won't be disappointed.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I'll let you know. (duh - I gotta quit swiping at that 'fly' crawling around in your avatar :oops:).
DonC

Post by DonC »

Thom: in the photo of the closed dagger it looks like the back spring may be slightly lifted from the back of the knife. If it's not just the photo you may want to get it looked at. If the back spring is being lifted when the knife is closed it can be hard on the spring.
Donc
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Who has these knives in the US?
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

Nice looking knives. Thanks for sharing!
thom

Post by thom »

Don, you are right. The back spring is twisted. It works fine though. I have one of the newer 13" with the same twist. It works OK. Probably cost more to fix it then the price of the knife.
Thom
Natcherly, nobody I know, you may want to ask Bernie. AKA Metalgod.