Pascotto/Campolin Frosolone Style

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Pascotto/Campolin Frosolone Style

Post by JulesVane »

Just a quick view of my humble Renzo Pascotto-A.G.A. Campolin Frosolone Style collection. In case of interest, Angelo has added Renzo Pascotto stamped pieces in various scale materials to his online store. Thanks for the look!....

French Tip Horn #9 of 15, and Brazilian Horn:

The Newest Addition In Mother Of Pearl:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Re: Pascotto/Campolin Frosolone Style

Post by Corvus »

Those are all beauties, but that MOP... Damn. :shock:

I recently stumbled across your Instagram knife gallery while doing a search on these very knives (that's one amazing collection you have there, sir). You mentioned there that Bill gave the MOP a quick go-over, but it's hard to see a difference in the pics. Did it have any issues, or were you just having some finishing touches done on a special piece? I'm sorely tempted to pick one up, but they sure ain't cheap. I did grab a 10" RP in horn and I couldn't be happier. Renzo P does phenomenal work, especially for an octogenarian.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Outstanding! 8)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Those are all beauties, but that MOP... Damn. :shock:

I recently stumbled across your Instagram knife gallery while doing a search on these very knives (that's one amazing collection you have there, sir). You mentioned there that Bill gave the MOP a quick go-over, but it's hard to see a difference in the pics. Did it have any issues, or were you just having some finishing touches done on a special piece? I'm sorely tempted to pick one up, but they sure ain't cheap. I did grab a 10" RP in horn and I couldn't be happier. Renzo P does phenomenal work, especially for an octogenarian.
Thanks Rick! Yes, upon arrival of the new MOP, I was rather disappointed at some, shall we call them, "imperfections", "blemishes", on the MOP scales. As you mentioned, this wasn't nearly on the side of a budget friendly piece. Now, I know never to expect perfection by any means and we've all read "As a natural material (you can expect imperfection)". Well, there was one "blemish" in particular on the rear scale that I just couldn't live with. SO...within 5 hours of having this piece in my possession and a brief chat with Bill, it was packed up and on it's way to Bill. I'm SO very happy to share, that once again, Bill worked his magic and returned me a very nice MOP Frosolone style knife. Just as I wished it would have arrived in the first place. A GREAT BIG THANKS to Bill for saving me some serious heartbreak! I did express my concern to Angelo without sounding of "complaint" (which, is difficult to do). His reply was..."They are ALL that way". He welcomed the return, but no, straight to Bill. I couldn't be happier with the results.

I TRULY hope they aren't "ALL this way":

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Bill did an excellent job. You'd never know the pearl had any blems. If they are indeed 'all like that,' you now have a real rarity. Congrats - I'll bet the outcome is well worth the initial disappointment.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Bill did an excellent job. You'd never know the pearl had any blems. If they are indeed 'all like that,' you now have a real rarity. Congrats - I'll bet the outcome is well worth the initial disappointment.
Rick, I'm sure you can imagine the initial payment, the 2 week wait, the anxiety of arrival and the heartbreak of inspection. Bill made it ALL right! Smooth as a baby's bottom! Sincerely impressed.

thom

Post by thom »

I was wondering what was taking so long for you to post the pics. a Beauty, worth the extra effort. I was close to ordering an 11" MOP. Glad I waited. That is too much money to have any imperfections.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:I was wondering what was taking so long for you to post the pics. a Beauty, worth the extra effort. I was close to ordering an 11" MOP. Glad I waited. That is too much money to have any imperfections.
Thom
Thanks Thom. I certainly didn't intend to speak harsh of anyone or inhibit anyone's purchase. I only have one other genuine MOP in my collection, so I'm far from familiar with the material. I've noticed small imperfections in Abalone as well, just harder to see because of the colors. I'm sure both materials must be difficult to work with.

thom

Post by thom »

I didn't take it that way. I really not trying to spend any money for a while. lol It's rare to impossible to find the perfect switchblade. Even customs have little imperfections.