Pappy57's Frank B Flatguard-Kriss

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Pappy57's Frank B Flatguard-Kriss

Post by JulesVane »

Posted on behalf of Ron (pappy57) who is the owner of this beauty!

My Frank B. flatguard Kris which I think is kind of rare, at least I haven't seen one since I got this one in 2011. Beautiful creamy blonde horn with honey colored streaks and red dot safety. Fires like a rocket with a kick you'd expect from a much heavier knife and locks up like a drum! These pics don't do it justice.

Last edited by JulesVane on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JulesVane

Re: Pappy57's Frank B Flatguard-Kriss

Post by JulesVane »

Amazing piece you have there Ron! Anyone would be proud to have in their collection!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

I would like to thank Mr. JulesVane (Chris) for his friendship,help and incredible patience in helping me with this post. You are truly a great friend, Thank You!
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

That’s a beautiful knife!
pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

Thanks Jay, I've had a few other flat guards of his both "FrankB" and "Walt's" and as far as I'm concerned this is Frank at his best. I don't know what year this was made and I would love any info anybody might have.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

That is one stunning looking knife Pappy57 8)

Beautiful kriss blade and the flat guards just suit it perfectly.
I love the horn ...almost like ivory and its a red dot safety aswell ..What's not to love about it. :)

Congratulations on owning it and thanks for sharing it

gravknife
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice one Pappy!
thom

Post by thom »

Really nice. I have never seen one like. Wish it is part of my collection. Love FB flatguards.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking knife. Thanks for sharing.
DonC
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

very nice! The color in, especially that front scale is really nice, almost looks like nice ivory. There once was a time that I wasn't so crazy about the kriss blades but that changed. I now have several and find them very pleasing to the eye. I don't see them a lot on Frank's knives but ohhh when I do....I do like them. Had him put some on swingaurds several years ago and really liked their looks.

Nice knife and I think that the flat button adds a lot to it. Seems that Frank is the only one, least that I have seen use them and seems like another subtle way of saying that it was made by him.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!