Got my second Rizzuto Estileto Milano.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mykniveSSuck82

Got my second Rizzuto Estileto Milano.

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Got a Rizzuto Estileto Milano the other day. Construction is not as nice as my other one that just has “Rizzuto Estileto” stamped on the blade but still it’s a pretty nice knife. Wish I could find a white one for a descent price or even better yet a white one with that same rizzuto estileto no Milano stamp as my other black one. Anyways here are some pictures of my new one.... nothing special just your typical R.E.M. automatic but still, I hope you enjoy.

blademan

Re: Got my second Rizzuto Estileto Milano.

Post by blademan »

That's a fine piece, i don't have any of these in my collection yet, i think i should. :)
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Thank you 8) You should get one! they make really nice display pieces but that is about it... they are not very practical and I don’t think you could even open a letter with one.
I am pretty sure that they were made just to look cool and thats about it. I would hate to be in a situation where I had to try and defend myself with one. they might as well be made out of tinfoil and eggshell.. they are basically toys. But If you like novelties and vintage toys then it’s the perfect knife for you.. me? I love the damn things, and I can’t get enough!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Really nice Rizzy MykniveSSuck82 8)

I only have a FES Rostfrei example but would have loved one just like your Rizzutto Estileto marked example.

I find many of my flimsy switchblades rarer than my robust ones and Rizzutto are an essential knife of any retro switchblade collection imho.

A great movie knife and many people's first ever switchblade from visits to Mexico etc has elevated this knives status...the fact its build quality wasn't the best makes good examples with no peak rarer and more sought after,especially for future collectors.

I hope you find your white one and thanks for sharing this one.....great knife. :!:

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Always enjoy pictures of member's knives! The Rizzuto Estileto Milano is surely a "classic" piece and as Ian stated, finding one that's survived so long is a blessing. Especially without the dreaded peek (peak?). Though truly a non-quality knife, they seem highly sought after by many collectors. Heck, not sure why I have 6 of them in my collection, but found them a necessary addition. Very nice survivor you've found! Maybe JimBrown257 can help you in your search.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Thank you for all the kind words I really appreciate and enjoy reading all the great replies!

Gravknife is your FES rizzuto a flat grind or a Bayonet and does it have a bail? I really want a flat grind rizzuto with a bail so bad. I’ve never seen a flat grind with a bail I just know that I need one haha Except for the Korean/Taiwan clones Anyone know if there is a 8.5 flat grind Rizzy with bail? Got to be one out there somewhere.
thom

Post by thom »

Really nice looking example. We love all pictures
Thom
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

mykniveSSuck82

My Rizzutto is the 8.5 "with flat grind and bail andis probably one of the korean/taiwan clones I think you are referring to.

It has the flared bottom bolster that hides the bladepeek when it happens .
It is very cheaply made,the scales slightly textured ,but fires well and the guards sit well enough.
Nowhere near as nice as the estilleto milano like yours mate.

I was offerred a few from France a couple of years ago along with Super Automatics really cheap and could kick myself for not taking them , but I was scared of a large customs find even back then .

I dont have it at home with me at the minute but will post some pictures tommorrow if you like.
If I see any for sale I will give you a PM.

I would also PM jimbrown257 (Jeremy) a really great bloke and very knowleadgeable on Rizzuttos and switchblades in general,makes his own knives aswell and is straight down the line to deal with.

Good luck in your collection.

gravknife
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Thank you. This is kind of off subject but still about BO BC Rizzutos in general... I was playing with one of mine today and realized that the safety can and should be used both while the knife is closed and also while it is in the open position. Being button open button close the safety insurers that the button will not be pushed in while being gripped in the hand. Not that I would ever use this knife in a way that I would have to grip it tightly in my hand but it just seemed very logical for me to push that safety on after discharging the knife to keep the blade from closing down on my hand if accidentally pushed. Don’t know why I never thought of this before now but I wanted to get others opinions on the matter?
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

What a beautiful classic knife. The amount of Italian knives that have survived the years is both mind boggling and marvelous. What a lovely example you have. Congrats!