Update collection pics.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: Update collection pics.

Post by barshoo »

You hit the nail on the head, Blademan! I, too, believe that every serious collector should have at least one Microtech in their collection. We have expensive addictions and tastes, or else we would not have this hobby. By the way, what can I call you, besides "Blademan"?? :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
blademan

Post by blademan »

barshoo wrote:You hit the nail on the head, Blademan! I, too, believe that every serious collector should have at least one Microtech in their collection. We have expensive addictions and tastes, or else we would not have this hobby. By the way, what can I call you, besides "Blademan"?? :D
Haha my real name is Erik and i am not a resident of the USA or Canada, maybe this explains my writing sometimes. :)
Being a long time member, bought my first knife from Rick.
Yes, this hobby can be quite expensive and you can make it as expensive as you can afford, rich or lesser rich. :)
Sometimes i think of it as some sort of addiction. :mrgreen:
But, there are many good deals out there even on the more well known brands.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Erik, don't leave me hanging like this...where are you really, if not the USA or Canada?? I started collecting in 1999, and I bought me first switch on eBay, before the ban. I sold knives on eBay, also. I bought my first Frank B from Rick. This is definitely a hobby of pure addiction! :shock: :shock: I am far, far from rich, but I've bought some really expensive knives!! (Just ask these guys) I got myself in financial trouble some years back because of my knife-buying habit. But I don't regret it! :D :D
blademan

Post by blademan »

Let's say i am a world citizen, i don't feel connected to any country in particular
i always bought knifes i can afford or but some of my vacation savings aside for one
of course i see lot's of awesome knifes to buy but it's not a first priority and it should never get you into any sort of trouble
collecting them, that having said, yes it's a great hobby. :)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

You are worldly AND wise! I DID wise up nine years ago, and by then I had a more-than-adequate collection that enabled me to trade for the pieces that I acquired after 2009. I did a LOT of trading with Rick, and some with ECS when he built me some nice pieces. I haven't acquired any knives at all in over four years! My collection is smaller than it once was...so that is a good sign that my medication is working. :P :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
LIGHTBARMARCI

Post by LIGHTBARMARCI »

Awesome knifes! Nice display and collection!!
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Great collection and display!
kugr

Post by kugr »

I'm impressed! Awesome setup! I might have to steal the display case idea from you. Oh yes, you do have a nice collection

Edit- didnt realize their were 3 pages, made a comment on reviving an old post that I deleted, because it wasnt as old as I thought.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.