Update collection pics.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

Re: Update collection pics.

Post by Corvus »

IMHO, there's nothing humble about that collection. Nice setup, too - clean, airy, well-lit, and lotsa room to expand.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Nice mix of items in your collection. The display case makes great use of the boxes and paperwork associated with several of the knives. Adds variety and interest. Well Done!
blademan

Post by blademan »

Thanks.. yes there is room for expansion :)
Started with 2 knifes displayed on a shelf in a bookcase, but as the collection expanded it soon was time to give them a home of their own.
I always keep the little things that comes with the knifes, adds, boxes, stickers, and advertising brochures, like this one:

Also nice make display attributes.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

"Also make nice display attributes."

They certainly do. I'm the same way - I keep everything associated with a knife. I collect antique slipjoints and there's nothing like finding an old catalog or a well cared for knife with its original box, wrapping paper, or leather "purse," etc. I think your display looks fantastic with all those interesting odd n ends scattered around the knives.
blademan

Post by blademan »

..there's a round A.G.A sticker on the top right side of the door.. i didn't cut it like that, it just fits exactly. :)
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Wonderful display, looks like something that could be in a museum, or a public display. Mine have all become a little cluttered looking. Hmmmph, after seeing this I realize that mine are well over due for some reorganizing. Thank you for the inspiration!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
blademan

Post by blademan »

Markco the Mad otter wrote:Wonderful display, looks like something that could be in a museum, or a public display. Mine have all become a little cluttered looking. Hmmmph, after seeing this I realize that mine are well over due for some reorganizing. Thank you for the inspiration!
Thank you, ..i started with some knifes in a bookcase. :)
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

I think my first display case was a cigar box with a plexiglass lid, with foam cut out and a little material.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
blademan

Post by blademan »

Markco the Mad otter wrote:I think my first display case was a cigar box with a plexiglass lid, with foam cut out and a little material.
No matter, it shows dedication. :)
I showed the pics of my collection to mr. F. Beltrame himself and the comment was : "Wow". 8)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

blademan wrote:
Markco the Mad otter wrote:I think my first display case was a cigar box with a plexiglass lid, with foam cut out and a little material.
No matter, it shows dedication. :)
I showed the pics of my collection to mr. F. Beltrame himself and the comment was : "Wow". 8)
That is pretty high PRAISE coming from Mr. Beltrame. That should instill confidence in your collection, for sure! I love your collection and the glass case that houses it! You have a very nice variety, and the accoutrements that you added lend elegance to your display...WELL DONE, Blademan!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Is that Microtech a Daytona model? I have one, and I LOVE it! I like the slender profile...the preferred model, I can't remember the name of, but it looks like the "Lightning" OTF that I have sitting next to me... :shock:
blademan

Post by blademan »

Hi barshoo, and thanks for your nice comment.
That Microtech is a double action Makora II from 2008:

Excellent quality i may say.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Wow, Blademan!! That is a wicked, cool, Makora you have!! :shock: :D It really adds pizazz to your collection! My Microtech is a Daytona dual action S/E 124-7, and the single-edged blade has a plain bead finish. I think it's the perfect Microtech for a lady! I'm posting pictures of it here in a little bit. Thank you for showing the close-ups!! It's beautiful!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Barb
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

It's NOT a MAKORA, but I LOVE this lady-like Microtech...It's a Daytona SE 124-7. What the numbers mean, I don't know! :o :shock: :| :oops: :oops:
blademan

Post by blademan »

Nice one! quality is outstanding on these OTF's.
Mine takes some strength in the hands to get the blade back in,
i don't know if this is the case with all Makora's but i don't mind, it's a unique piece i think every serious
collector should own one Microtech OTF at least. ;)