11" Square Button & 13" Flatguard

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

11" Square Button & 13" Flatguard

Post by thom »

Is everyone on vacation? Hear are some pics for your enjoyment.

Thom

Last edited by thom on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: 11" Square Button & 13" Flatguard

Post by natcherly »

What a pair! Love the horn on both.

Some quick questions: The 13" Campolin bolsters look a bit like brass but not quite. I'm guessing the color difference is a different German Silver alloy. Is that right? And who made the square button?

Thanks for sharing these two beauties.
thom

Post by thom »

Don't know why, but the Campolins seem to turn that color. I guess I could polish it. My guess is a different mixture of nickel/silver. The square button is a Burn. That has never been polished. Thanks, I love the scales too. Bovine/French/Spanish tip horn.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

2 gorgeous pieces there Thom! The BURN kris blade has no locking pin hole? Is it just not all the way through. The small square button is the safety? Paul makes those safeties so short, they almost appear to be an electric button lol. The safety was removed from the 13"? Both VERY nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

Nice looking pair. Hard to beat a Burn. He puts out an amazing product. Can we assume that the 13's scales were replaced when the file work was done and the safety just left off?
DonC
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Wonderful knives thom

Love the horn on both knives ,and that Burn square button kriss is just dreamy. 8)

You have an excellent growing collection thom and its always a pleasure to see knives like these.

Thanks for the look .

gravknife
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

thanx for the post of auto's,you made my day.Eric
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very Nice!!!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

:D :D :D
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
thom

Post by thom »

Tthanks for the complements. Wish more pics were posted. Love seeing akll knives. The square button does not have the whole all the way through. Like the orriginal latama. As you probably know the square button and kris blade are first mmade by latama. The aga came with ugly chakt viga wood scales. No safety but it did come with file work. I guess that was all original. Curious if anybody knows if that is true or any info wouuld love to hear. The horn was done by PLP. He does oustanding work
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: 11" Square Button & 13" Flatguard'

Post by natcherly »

AGA Campolin is the premier brand of knives the Campolin's produce. These knives have the best materials and fabrication. Does this mean they are all perfect when shipped from the factory? Nope. Some may have slight flaws that the retailer needs to fix before selling to a buyer; however, I would be extremely surprised if any knife so marked came out of their shop without a safety. It would be incomplete and fatally flawed. Whoever did the filework and first rescale had to disassemble the knife and simply didn't bother to completely reassemble the piece.
thom

Post by thom »

I don't think it ever had a safety. I had the person rescale in horn. Can't remember the reason but said he couldn't add a safety. I thought I bought it new, and it did have the file work already done. But who knows??
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

What a beautiful pair. That Burn is to die for. A square button is on my list of things to buy for sure.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks for your kind words. 2 of my best!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Your two knives pictured here are PREMIER specimens from your collection!! :shock: Thom, you have good taste in knives...excellent, in fact! :D I somehow missed this post, just saw it today. Thank you for sharing these.
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.