Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post by JulesVane »

...Just figured you guys could use a break from all the excitement. From 2007...

...What does the "& BEF stand for on the rear tang?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Re: Frank B Lmt Ed 9" Picklock

Post by thom »

I thought everyone disappeared. Nice knife.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:I thought everyone disappeared. Nice knife.
Thom
Thanks Thom...I'm thinking everyone must be at the beach lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Nice! Wish I had one or two of those in my collection!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

ljerr2 wrote:Nice! Wish I had one or two of those in my collection!
Thanks Jerrod. 'Ya know, Mike Latham has a couple for sale and I've been eyeing the Blond Horn. But I've looked at it so often, I truly can't tell by the pics if the blade straightness (when open) looks "right". He also has one in Stag. Both Dagger Grinds I believe....
https://lathams-vintage-knives.myshopif ... blond-horn
https://lathams-vintage-knives.myshopif ... m-only-150
...see the blond horn extended? Does the straightness have an issue? Or, is it my crooked eyes?

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

It does look like it opens to far but it could be the picture.
2024 candidate for president
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Thanks for the links, Chris.
I'm a dark horn, bayonet kind of guy! :)

BTW, the blonde horn version does seem to look a bit odd when open..............
sprink

Post by sprink »

these are very nice pick locks , i have a complete set of 4 , abalone, dark horn , blond horn , stag . The BEF is Bernie's ( Folgore ) initials, he had them commissioned through Frank Beltrame .
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sprink wrote:these are very nice pick locks , i have a complete set of 4 , abalone, dark horn , blond horn , stag . The BEF is Bernie's ( Folgore ) initials, he had them commissioned through Frank Beltrame .
Wow, that IS really interesting. I had no idea. For you to have a complete set is fantastic. I know there was this run in 2007, and I saw Bernie had a couple 2013s. Were there any other years? I wasn't even aware they were made in Abalone scales. Maybe another year?

pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

There you go Chris, that pic of the blonde is the perfect example of a blade that sits "proud". The reverse would be "banana".
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

pappy57 wrote:There you go Chris, that pic of the blonde is the perfect example of a blade that sits "proud". The reverse would be "banana".
Ahh, okay, THAT's "proud". Thanks Ron! I've stared at that pic with the blade extended so many times trying to figure out what the heck is going on there.

METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sprink wrote:these are very nice pick locks , i have a complete set of 4 , abalone, dark horn , blond horn , stag . The BEF is Bernie's ( Folgore ) initials, he had them commissioned through Frank Beltrame .
i had these made in 2005, 2007, 2013 .

2005 were made in blackhorn,blondhorn, stag

2007 were made in blackhorn,blondhorn ,stag and brazilian horn

2013 were made in Blondhorn, blackhorn, stag, Abalone , Brazilian horn, and real Black lip Mother of Pearl.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Hey Bernie, i was hoping you would chime in on this one for clarification, the set i have is from 2013 and i stand corrected i only have 4 of the 5 scales i'm missing the abalone. i also have one of the 2005 dark horn with dagger blade
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Me likey! That's a great "pocket protector" if I ever saw one! Drop that in your shirt, or sports jacket, pocket and it would immediately "take the worry out of being close". Strong, pointy, and mean. Yeah, I'll go for that. :)
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sprink wrote:Hey Bernie, i was hoping you would chime in on this one for clarification, the set i have is from 2013 and i stand corrected i only have 4 of the 5 scales i'm missing the abalone. i also have one of the 2005 dark horn with dagger blade
Bernie even mentioned a 6th scaled version in Black MOP for 2013. Whoever is holding on to these runs must certainly be holding on tight! Rarely do I see them available for sale. I wasn't even aware of the 2005 run.