11" Frank B Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
texans123

Re: 11" Frank B Picklock

Post by texans123 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
texans123 wrote:Jules - while we are at it, here is the Beltrame coil-spring Humpback I picked up back in 2012.
I'm not a fan of humpbacks, but I am a fan of ram scales. That is a stunning knife. Are you sure that it is coil fired rather than leaf spring fired? Most coil fired knives have a big solid front bolster because that is where the coil is. Alternatively you can have a long coil running along the inside of the back spring (a screen door spring).

If it is coil fired, could you publish some pictures of the inside of the blade well? Thanks, much, and again, beautiful knife.
Thanks Dave, glad you like the knife. Good question on coil fired rather than leaf spring fired. Here is a pic I just took of the inside of the knife. There is a pin just behind the bolster, as seen here on the button side of the knife, and when the button is pressed the pin releases and the knife fires the blade. Hope this helps and interested to know myself.
Thanks -
Attachments
IMG_8402.JPG
IMG_8402.JPG (220.43 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
texans123

Post by texans123 »

DonC wrote:Picked up one of Frank's TSF pick locks a while back. Made around 2000 and instrumental in the re-introduction of pick locks to a market that was very heavily into swivel bolsters.
DonC
Very nice!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

They are coil fired and the spring is in the bolster.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
texans123

Post by texans123 »

[quote="Bill DeShivs"]They are coil fired and the spring is in the bolster.[/quote

Thanks for the information Bill.