13" AGA Wasp Body Kris Blade

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

13" AGA Wasp Body Kris Blade

Post by thom »

I just purchase this custom 13" AGA Wasp Body with Kris blade. When I got it I wasn't sure I liked the wood scales. I treated the wood with teak oil and then put a high gloss finish. Looks better. What do you think? May end up putting cow horn scales?? First pics are before, then after.
Fishtail Picklock

Re: 13" AGA Wasp Body Kris Blade

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Beautiful Picklock!
Fishtail Picklock
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks, if I could only take a decent picture
DonC

Post by DonC »

Nice work by whoever did it. Is the base knife one of the limited production 13's that Campolin put out? As for changing the scales to horn from the wood it's your knife so whatever you want to do.
DonC
thom

Post by thom »

AIK did the work. Doesn't have anything stamped about limited production, but are hard to find. Especially Kris blade. This is same knife Walt did a limited run in 2013. The Renzo P. 13" Wasp body, Believe 78 pieces. Then AGA made these in 2014.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

It sure is a beauty thom!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Those scales are Amboyna Burl. -rare and difficult to work with. The most expensive classic wood pipes use this and other types of rare woods. I had an AGA 13" swing jars with the same wood, and sold the damn thing for $250... I've been kicking myself ever sense. It turned out to be one of three in the entire world that had those scales and I know for a fact the new owner changed the scales to polished camel bone. And that's fine and all -it was his knife, but there were over a hundred dark horn 13" swingers he could've rescaled.... But whatever. I suggest keeping those scales and buying a different one to rescale.
All the best,
C.Free

Ps. Beautiful knife and thanks for sharing pics!
"Everyone is your neighbor."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

She's a looker!
2024 candidate for president
thom

Post by thom »

C.Free,
Thanks for your input. You made up my mind. I am keeping it like is. I hope I didn't screw it up by treating it to make it high gloss. Looks better than the flat to me. Thanks again for your input, that's why I asked.
Thom