Looking back

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DonC

Looking back

Post by DonC »

Getting ready to go to the Oregon show next week and was picking out a couple of knives to take with me for any Show and Tell occasions that might come up and included the Phoenix in the mix. It has been a couple of years since I originally posted about the knife so I thought I'd bubble the original post back up here for anyone who's joined lately and might not have seen it.
Killbuket (Ian Bivens) isn't with us any longer and I still miss his creations. He did some really interesting work and I think we're poorer for his loss.
Here's a link to the original post.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23964&p=265071&hili ... ix#p265071

DonC
sammy the blade

Re: Looking back

Post by sammy the blade »

Wish the pictures would come up! All I get on my phone is Photobucket.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

A great read and pictures DonC, thanks for re-sharing as I never did read this post before. What a talent! He also sounded like a really, really nice guy as well. The first manual transformation looked like magic. The talents of those that are gifted enough, past and present, is just that, a gift. This gentleman's legacy will surely live on. Also: Enjoy your knife show. An event I very rarely get to see in my area.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

The Oregon show is the only knife only show that's in my area. All the major shows are "back east" and I don't travel that well anymore unfortunately.
Sammy: Too bad your phone doesn't bring up the photos. If you can get to a computer and take a look the photos would probably come up.
DonC
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello Don!

Ah, I miss the Eugene show so much!
I think this October there’s the Blade West as well, in Portland OR.

Michele.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Arthas:
Thanks for the head's up. I wasn't aware of it. I"ll post a thread for it.
DonC
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

DonC wrote:Getting ready to go to the Oregon show next week and was picking out a couple of knives to take with me for any Show and Tell occasions that might come up and included the Phoenix in the mix. It has been a couple of years since I originally posted about the knife so I thought I'd bubble the original post back up here for anyone who's joined lately and might not have seen it.
Killbuket (Ian Bivens) isn't with us any longer and I still miss his creations. He did some really interesting work and I think we're poorer for his loss.
Here's a link to the original post.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23964&p=265071&hili ... ix#p265071

DonC
You do realize that Photobucket is blocking all the images, don't you? If you still have them, you could put them on imgbox and edit the post to the updated links to fix it. Only you can do this.

I hope to create a Killbucket retrospective and display his fine work one of these days, as I probably have more examples of his work than anyone else, including his first mangle.

I wonder if Chad will be at the show, he lives in Washington. If you see him, hide the Phoenix, he will probably just destroy it on principle. He is not above speaking ill of the dead.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Who's Chad? I'd love to see Killbuckets work.
2024 candidate for president
DonC

Post by DonC »

Dave:
There was a work around for PB photos a while back that I installed so the photos display on my system just like the originals. Don't remember what it was though.
I'll see if I can modify the old thread to show the photos so they'll show up but it may take a while.
DonC
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

DonC wrote:Dave:
There was a work around for PB photos a while back that I installed so the photos display on my system just like the originals. Don't remember what it was though.
I'll see if I can modify the old thread to show the photos so they'll show up but it may take a while.
DonC
Here is the fix I used:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en

There are other options too on the Chrome webstore if this doesn't work for you.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Thanks for the link Dave.
DonC