Thank you PLP

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Thank you PLP

Post by thom »

I want to thank PLP Havlin for the tremendous job he did rescaling these two AGA Wasp bodies. I supplied the knives and horn, he did his magic. Sorry for quality of picture, still trying to learn. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

This is the 13" AGA with one of Walt's French Tip Horn.
JulesVane

Re: Thank you PLP

Post by JulesVane »

They look like they came out great Thom! The last (bottom picture) shows them best. What year did A.G.A. Campolin produce the 13"? The Horn you supplied looks fantastic! Honestly wish the pics were just a tad clearer. That bottom piece, the tang stamp is A.G.A. Campolin? Ooops, just read the caption above the pic saying Walt's. That makes more sense to me. Nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Absolute Beauties!!!
thom

Post by thom »

AGA made the 13's in 2014. Walt's were 2013. Same knife. This one had Chakte Viga wood scales (ugly orangey color), no safety and it did come with the file work. I love the feel and look of the Wasp bodies and the nice fat flat guards on both 11" and 13".
thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane, I hope one day to pick up one of the RP 10"er you have. I love the modern AGA's & Walt's
omega

Post by omega »

Beautiful pieces, Thom! Congrats!
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks Chris, I bought a set of Walt's scales when he had them. Used one set for my BURN, and had the others collecting dust. Decided to put them on two that I did not like the scales. PLP wanted to put a safety on the 13 but couldn't. I forget why, no room or something, but only one I have seen without safety AND with filework. ??????
DonC

Post by DonC »

Looks like Pat did his trade mark spectacular job. Great additions you can display proudly.
DonC