Another Walt's 13"

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Another Walt's 13"

Post by thom »

Just got this Walt's Renzo P. today. It is NOS. The pictures are from the seller, far better pictures than I take. It has the Renzo signature on back, not shown in these photos. Spoke to Walt today, He said if there is a number stamped in the liner, then it is a production knife, no stamp is a proto. Mine is number 33. As far as Walt remembers the run was 78 pieces.

sammy the blade

Re: Another Walt's 13"

Post by sammy the blade »

Another "WOW"
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

More than "cool". If you ever saw the old 1972 film "Fritz The Cat" I will quote Duke the Crow, when I say, "I think you've got coolness". :mrgreen:

That picklock is a stunner! (You know that is some sweet horn you have)! :mrgreen:
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful thom! When was this run? Seems like we are seeing some become available and appear "new". But, I don't think Walt actually is selling any himself. Where are they coming from? I'm pretty new to PVK. OH...And I tried to swat that "bug" (avatar) from my screen. LMAO!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Funny, I saw that avatar on something yesterday and I did same thing. Swatted at it. I think Walt said they were from 2013. Josh at PVK bought a few from Walt. I think he occasionally finds one in his massive stock that he forgot he had. Then sells them. He had a stag horn about a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh comes up with another in the future. I was persistent in looking for one.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Funny, I saw that avatar on something yesterday and I did same thing. Swatted at it. I think Walt said they were from 2013. Josh at PVK bought a few from Walt. I think he occasionally finds one in his massive stock that he forgot he had. Then sells them. He had a stag horn about a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh comes up with another in the future. I was persistent in looking for one.
Actually, yours is one of two that PVK just sold within a week or two. That's why I wondered where they were all of a sudden coming from. It's a real beauty thom!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Wow, how did I miss the other? What kind of horn was on the other?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Gee thom, I had forwarded the listing to a friend but since deleted that email and I'd be guessing to be honest.

mick17

Post by mick17 »

Nice score Thom! I like how some of the pins are brass, it gives it a really cool contrast against the dark horn. I really hope to find one of these someday.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery around proto vs. production and total number of pieces that were made.

I believe this is the one pvk had right before yours:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25425&p=278862&hili ... 7s#p278862
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

BINGO! That's the one! (thanks Pat). Yup, 2 so close to each other for sale, I thought maybe Walt had found some HE had forgotten about.

thom

Post by thom »

Thanks Pat. I'm glad it is no nicer than the one I bought. Both are really nice.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Walt's 13s are truly great looking knives. All of the classic attributes in a modern production piece. Great score!
DonC