A knife called Tribute

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

A knife called Tribute

Post by ILikeStilettos »

The superb Paul Panak knife show below is, I believe, 11" long. This one is really over the top with a "bas relief" carving of a scorpion on the front and a scrimshaw rendition on the back of the genuine ivory scales. The button is an inlaid semi-precious stone.

I am most fortunate to be the owner of the 11" Don Hall mangle below and which was done before he became known as Merlin. The engraved "Hall" on the blade was done by Miss Debbie, back when Bill and Don were close friends and associates. Don is sorely missed! Please note the fluting on the pommel and the button fashioned from bone.

So I took Don's profile and pommel and Paul's guard and maybe some decoration and applied it to a slender 13" Italian Stiletto and here is what I came up with. Gulraiz has some absolutely stunning patterned Damascus and we will make a determination of scale decoration. Whatever we come up with will be the same technique for the front and the back. I'm going for a traditional rectangular button and perhaps some nice filework on the liners. Both of the originals were picklocks, this one will be a humpback.

Your questions, comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: A knife called Tribute

Post by sammy the blade »

Really like the Merlin, I have a couple of his early knives. Nothing like yours though.
2024 candidate for president