JimBrown257 Strikes Again

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

JimBrown257 Strikes Again

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Jeremy built me a fast-opening 13" ring pull, "square button", done with giraffe bone scales from Jantz.

https://youtu.be/HlPI04J65t4

It all started with this 11" knife that JTK featured a month or so back.

Jeremy agreed to build me one in 13" length with scales I would provide, so I hit the drawing board, and then decided to change things around a little. Here's what I came up with, it's somewhat re-proportioned. He and I were back and forth on how to handle the plunges. This one shows straight angled plunges and a square fire button, both got changed along the way.

Note that the ring clears the flat Maltese style guards to allow it to stow nicely against the spine when not in use.

Here's the front view of the beautiful beast. Jeremy suggested using a round button and I accepted. He created a flat button which would make you think that this is a BOBC, but it's a true plunge release ("square button".) His idea was perfect, and I am so happy that he suggested it. This knife is all curves, and that theme is certainly enhanced by the round button.

And here's the back side. Jeremy built me beautiful Maltese flat guards and went old school on the bolster using two-piece construction.

Once he started work on the knife, he finished it over a weekend. He is unbelievably fast! At my request, JTK used thick .09" stainless liners around the 5/32" blade. His shaping and polishing of the scales is absolutely perfection.

The blade stows beautifully centered. I've learned how to design a knife that has plenty of forgiveness to keep the blade from peeking, even on a bottomless.

I took this closeup shot to show just how great Giraffebone.com's stabilization and coloring process is. You see all these splits and scars that scream natural material, but the color and stability go all the way through. You can see this crack, but you can't feel it. The material behaves beautifully and if you were blind, you'd say its some kind of extremely consistent synthetic stuff. This set reminded me of mammoth.

Isn't this a great looking blade?

Get used to seeing a lot of this logo, the man is just awesome.

As always your comments, criticisms and questions are greatly appreciated. Me, I'm just on cloud 9.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: JimBrown257 Strikes Again

Post by sammy the blade »

Wicked pissa
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's another beauty Dave! Really cool design you did. Jeremy is such a talented person. Not only that, but a super nice guy as well. He really goes above & beyond. Keep up the great work guys!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Jeremy is the best.
Brett

Post by Brett »

Love my jtk knive collection!, 6 pieces and growing!hate the fact he does such a great job and makes me want more.....got a coup,e very cool projects coming up for him....
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Amazing work! Hope to own one of these creations someday.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Thank you gentleman, one and all. I love designing new styles to add to the collection.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Fish-tail Maltese flat guard -- way cool!! :shock: :shock:
Belmont800
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Dave, must be pretty thrilling to see a design come to fruition! Great job shout out to you and Jeremy.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Dave...'ya know, I've been wanting a small swinguard. Maybe a 7"(?). I've had my thoughts on a 7" Rizzy but, was wondering what your thoughts are on designing something along those lines? If you're into it, please feel free to PM anytime. I know it's a small item, but may be big cool. Maybe Jeremy would be into the build(?). Really not often do I see the small swingers. Just a thought.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JulesVane wrote:Dave...'ya know, I've been wanting a small swinguard. Maybe a 7"(?). I've had my thoughts on a 7" Rizzy but, was wondering what your thoughts are on designing something along those lines? If you're into it, please feel free to PM anytime. I know it's a small item, but may be big cool. Maybe Jeremy would be into the build(?). Really not often do I see the small swingers. Just a thought.
The 9" are very blunt and stubby from AKC, maybe I can do something small but wicked. I'm putting it on my list. (Which means Jeremy will have it done before I can get started!)
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690