A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post by JulesVane »

On a Sunday afternoon, I figured I'd post a few pics...The A.G.A. Campolin 10" - 5mm Picklocks from my humble collection. With their in-between length, hefty feel of 5mm thickness and nickel/silver hardware, I find them some of the best of today's modern stilettos. Please feel free to post yours as well...Chris

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
BruceS

Re: A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post by BruceS »

God those are nice. Everyone of them. I've only got a stag horn version in that 10" size, and you are correct. They feel real fat in the hand.

Bruce
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice!
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Nicely done! Great photography of the best of modern production.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking set. Thanks for the look.
DonC
lance

Post by lance »

Nice lookin set,they are made like the old.style.big button an saftey cap,the key shaped lock tab.
Im not really a collector of modern knives..but those are exceptionally beautiful.love the fact that they're stamped and not just etched.
Very nice.thanks for sharing.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Look fantastic!
Kris blades.... Wow!
The one with stag.... Double Wow!!

/Stefan
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I figured I'd better grab an Abalone specimen before I no longer can. Hard to photograph with my iPhone:

...pictures aren't too good and I honestly hope Abalone scales are a material that I can grow to like more for myself. Right now, I'm not too sure. You really have to look straight on to them for a good view. Side views aren't so great. Thanks for looking and all the nice comments guys!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Wow!! 8)

JulesVane.....these are absolutely stunning knives and look superb together in the different types of scales.
They look nice with any blade type but i really love the kriss and dagger blade examples top and third from top,they catch my eye first but I would gladly be the proud owner of any knife pictured here.
I am shocked how chunky they are as I own no moderns ,only the older knives ,more through fear of customs loss than choosing old over new.
That abalone scaled example is a real beauty ......you have a really special set of knives there that will only appreciate with time .

Great pics and thanks for the look .

All the best
gravknife
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

In my opinion, the AGA 10" knives are as fine as any ever made-including the 1950s models.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
OMG!!! Incredibly beautiful set of stilettos.
My favorites first the Abalone then top knife in Brazilian horn, the Stag and any one of the Kris knives. I guess I should say all of them.
I'll have to find my 5mm knife photos. I'll have to convert them from a PhotoBucket to vgy format.
I hope to be back soon.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Ian, Bill and John! Bill, thanks. Your opinion means a lot, thank you. John, been seeing you post some exceptional beauties the last couple days. Would love to see your 5mm collection. Looking forward to it....I think when I got my 1st 5mm stiletto, it really curved my collecting direction toward all I could/can acquire. Like Ian stated, that "chunky" hefty-solid feel.

tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

That finish is awesome. I took some pics of a new beauty I just got but when I tried to upload them it said file size was too large? Used my cell hhone camera, so no clue what I did wrong..anyway, I'd like that finish on a swinguard knife. Those style of knives are my fav.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thanks for the photos guys. I haven't bought a new knife in some years but based on Bill's endorsement I may have to find one of these...

Jim
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

With today's arrival from Pat (mick17) of my 1st Brass hardware addition, I couldn't resist a "family photo"...