A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post by JulesVane »

Nice one thom! Really nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Thom

That woolly mammoth tooth scaled Campolin is an incredible looking knife.
I absolutely love the striping variations and vein like natural streaks ,its like a piece of jewellery .
It can't be easy to work with either ,to drill it must be a nightmare and then to pin it even worse.
I would really love a knife with these scales .

Thanks for sharing it ,.
This great topic shows the great quality and varying scale types of the AGA Campolin knives like Jules shared ...plus the beautifully scaled and Engraved Bill D masterpiece and stunning custom variants Dave Sause posted and then that killer mammoth tooth scaled example pops up .

Keep them coming please !!!

What a treat for the eyes ,
You guys really have some incredible knives.

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks again Ian and all that are posting these beauties from their collections. My mind (and eyes) keep going back to Dave's piece engraved by Bill. I just can't stop admiring that piece of art! I'd really like (love) to get the 7 I've posted done like that. After all, can't have just 1 look so much nicer than the others. Possibly 1 at a time, according to Bill's schedule and heavy work load. I know there's a proper way to contact Bill on the subject and know it's not here. Maybe it's time to take a break from buying and look into customizing some I already have. Bill's engraving makes this piece a totally different animal and a very exotic animal indeed!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JulesVane wrote:Thanks again Ian and all that are posting these beauties from their collections. My mind (and eyes) keep going back to Dave's piece engraved by Bill. I just can't stop admiring that piece of art! I'd really like (love) to get the 7 I've posted done like that. After all, can't have just 1 look so much nicer than the others. Possibly 1 at a time, according to Bill's schedule and heavy work load. I know there's a proper way to contact Bill on the subject and know it's not here. Maybe it's time to take a break from buying and look into customizing some I already have. Bill's engraving makes this piece a totally different animal and a very exotic animal indeed!
It's definitely a keeper and Bill is unsurpassed in this area. Thanks for liking it.

Edit: There is no lack of hubris in Bill, and I say this with complete candor and the knowledge that it's the pot calling the kettle black. Yet, I think he might take the high road here and say there are better engravers around and that this in not his area of concentration with respect to knives. I, on the other hand, would say that engraving like this goes beyond craftsmanship and skill. It takes a real artist's eye and passion for the job. Maybe someone else can equal Bill's performance here, and maybe not. I just know that he did and continues to blow me away and my hat is off to him. If this is not the prettiest knife I own, then it's damned near the top.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks, Dave!
Some knives are easy to envision engraving on.
Others-like stilettos are really difficult for me to "see" what should be done. Yours ended up working out well.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Bill's work is simply outstanding.
DonC
thom

Post by thom »

That's what I have been doing, picking out knives I really like but not crazy about the scales, and having them rescaled.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Those are the pinnacle of Italian production stilettos. If they could have the proper blade (with a concave-type grind) it could even prove useful. They aren't much longer than my AGA Fishtails.

I'm impressed.
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Just can't seem to leave this thread alone. The latest 3 additions...
My 1st pieces in Buffalo and Rams Horn. The Rams being a prototype...

thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane, Those are outstanding. How/where in the world did you find one much less three? Are more available?
Please tell me you know where I can get one. By the way thanks for sharing.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you Thom. You know how it goes: "The friend of of friend...etc.". I'm afraid I bled the well dry. As you know, sometimes 'ya just have to jump when 'ya can. Even if the result is me now "living in a van down by the river" lol. It's always been my understanding that the A.G.A. Campolin 10" Picklocks were a collaboration of Campolin/Pascotto, but I never really even knew that Renzo Pascotto's name was ever stamped on any of the 10"ers. (Certainly, I'm far from seeing everything). I've read past posts where there's "controversy" on whether same items stamped A.G.A. Campolin or Renzo Pascotto were any different as far as quality or value is concerned. It just seems to me, that if Renzo Pascotto picks out only certain pieces to stamp his name on, his educated eyes must see SOMETHING different in those pieces. Whether as simple as he liked the certain grain in the horn or whatever the case may be. Only my un-educated opinion mind you. Thanks again Thom!

thom

Post by thom »

thanks for the response. when did you get them? and where?
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Wow, what a collection there. Love the Rams horn. I need to look into one of these 10" AGA.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:thanks for the response. when did you get them? and where?
Gee thom, I trust you'll understand that I can't answer "where" as to protect the privacy of the fellow collector. I can say it wasn't a website. I truly hope you'll not consider me rude. But, I did just aquire the pieces very recently. Heck, you should know I couldn't wait to share the pics lol.
Last edited by JulesVane on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane, I completely understand. Wish I could find someone like that.
Thom