A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mick17

Re: A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post by mick17 »

Can 5mm just be the standard already?

Glad you like it Chris!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

mick17 wrote:Can 5mm just be the standard already?

Glad you like it Chris!
Thanks Pat, I love it! As we recently discussed about the 9"ers become "small" as we start collecting 11-13" knives...I'm kinda' looking forward to seeing the upcoming 9" Walt's Classics in 5mm thickness. Might make the 9" a totally different animal. I've never actually held a 9" - 5mm.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Love the classic look and the 5mm has to feel solid. I had told myself I wasn't looking for one of these, but maybe I need to reconsider............ :)

I'm also looking forward to the Walt's 9" as I'd love to have some of them in my collection, especially if I can find the classic bayo blade style.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

(ahem) If I could afford one, I would like a flat ground 11" 5mm Picklock.

Cool beans.
Fishtail Picklock
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Man oh Man,what a happy family photo,very nice.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote:Man oh Man,what a happy family photo,very nice.
Thanks Eric! They say 7 is a lucky number, but I doubt I'll be stopping there.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

hey glad everyone likes them :) just a little history the 10" 5mm kriss and 10" 5mm dagger were Folgore knives exclusives ,i love and believe these are some of the best picklocks ever made from Italy so i bought and owned the stamp to make the first run of kriss then after first run i sold stamp to Angelo so he could sell to other buyers , i still own the dagger stamp this is why you only see the AGA 10" 5mm picklock with dagger blade available from me Folgore Knives .
Tendoncutter

Post by Tendoncutter »

Those are sweet and beefy! Sick collection man! :) How much does a stag/horn one typically set someone back? (Hope it's not bad form to ask)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I have a few of the 10" 5mm Campolins, here's a bayonet and a Kris - I may have others, hopefully including a dagger. These are a couple of the prettiest, which have been mangled into something else.

These are both Campolins, the top is a 60th Anniversary, but the bottom is a 10" Kris and is the work of Straydog. That man is a real artist. I sent him the stabilized green (box elder burl? big leaf? birdseye?) and he made a new earless top bolster and a layer cake button and styled it bottomless. Ain't she purdy?

Here's a close up of Ron's design, the layer cake button (nickle silver ring around a brass center). He got rid of the safety at my request.

The second knife, a bayonet, is by Bill DeShivs, and in case you didn't know it, he's a master engraver as well as a master cutler. The knife was beautiful to start, with those exquisite Brazilian scales, now it's just over the top amazing. Bill was kind enough to do this for me. It was not an easy project and he wasn't sure what to do at first. I just gave him leave to do whatever he thought best, and I think that was one of my better decisions.

I've published these before, but I felt it appropriate to chime in on the previous comments in this thread. Everything here is just plain stunning, but that is not to say that there isn't room for improvement and personalization.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Beautiful!
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Dave! Bill's engraving is over-the-top nice! Really makes a pretty knife even more gorgeous! Bill does super work! I'm speechless...Talk about customization and personalization!

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Tendoncutter wrote:Those are sweet and beefy! Sick collection man! :) How much does a stag/horn one typically set someone back? (Hope it's not bad form to ask)
https://www.3knives.com/en/product/1352 ... 25b-c.html (which is about $338 USD plus $24 s/h). If you are lucky, you MAY be able to find them from time to time for $225 to $275 (new condition) at auction. I get the feeling they won't always be available. Hope I'm wrong.

Tendoncutter

Post by Tendoncutter »

JulesVane wrote:
Tendoncutter wrote:Those are sweet and beefy! Sick collection man! :) How much does a stag/horn one typically set someone back? (Hope it's not bad form to ask)
https://www.3knives.com/en/product/1352 ... 25b-c.html (which is about $338 USD plus $24 s/h). If you are lucky, you MAY be able to find them from time to time for $225 to $275 (new condition) at auction. I get the feeling they won't always be available. Hope I'm wrong.
Nice! Thank you :) that's quite reasonable, especially if they're as strong and well made as they look to be. I may have to fondle one, some day in the near future :D
thom

Post by thom »

They are great knives. I have a B/W Kris blade and this one. Wooly Mammoth Molar scales with dagger blade.

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WOW !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"