Anyone Like Buffalo Horn as Much as I do?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BruceS

Anyone Like Buffalo Horn as Much as I do?

Post by BruceS »

I like the normal Black and the Honey Horn.
Attachments
Buffalo_Horn.jpg
Buffalo_Horn.jpg (34.39 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Tom19176

Re: Anyone Like Buffalo Horn as Much as I do?

Post by Tom19176 »

I like it alot! I really like black with white swirls...Also pure white cow horn
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I do as well. At least with Buffalo & Honey, they are pretty consistent, unlike Brazilian. Brazilian is beautiful, but as far as color & pattern, it's "Like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get"...lol
Last edited by JulesVane on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Hey Tom and Jules, thanks. I had the Stock Set made for the Colt in 2006 and they have held up real well. Gun sits in its case in a vault, not out in the open. They haven't curled. I have a 2014 Campoline Wasp and there is some curling already. Maybe there is some treatment the Stock Makers use like they do when they "stabilize" wood that allows the material to hold up better. Or maybe it is just all the holes drilled in the knife scales that allow stresses to be relieved.

Bruce
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I have read posts that say warping scales is a common problem. I wish I knew the rhyme or reason as to prevent it. As you state, a knife only 3 years old and scales warping, yet some vintage pieces still straight and true.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)