13.5" Reproduction Frosolone white pearl

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

Re: 13.5" Reproduction Frosolone white pearl

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:Bernie (or anyone), what year would you say this beauty was made in? Were there certain years that Angelo had A.G.A. Campolin stamped along the blade like that?
Hi jules the signed certificate i have states the 13.5" Frosolone picklocks were made in April 2015 Limited Edition to 100 pieces , the 13's were only made 1 time and im pretty sure all the 13 were stamped like that longways on blade, im not positive but i dont think the 11 and 10 inchers were stamped like that (longways) ill have to get 10's an 11's out and see
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Bernie. A big reason I was asking was because the seller (Duncan) of my 11" manual lockback says it was made about 24-25 years ago and has nearly the same stamp..Image
Last edited by JulesVane on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
mick17

Post by mick17 »

METALGOD wrote:
JulesVane wrote:Bernie (or anyone), what year would you say this beauty was made in? Were there certain years that Angelo had A.G.A. Campolin stamped along the blade like that?
Hi jules the signed certificate i have states the 13.5" Frosolone picklocks were made in April 2015 Limited Edition to 100 pieces , the 13's were only made 1 time and im pretty sure all the 13 were stamped like that longways on blade, im not positive but i dont think the 11 and 10 inchers were stamped like that (longways) ill have to get 10's an 11's out and see
BladeHQ/Bladeplay still has the 13" Frosolone picklocks from 2015 in stock in a variety of handle materials. I'm guessing they're just shamelessly selling ones with defects they still have left? Knives people have (continuously) returned because of the defects?

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=frosolone
john

Post by john »

I thought it was within the last two years. Bernie, thanks for the additional info.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

METALGOD wrote:
These knives were a Renzo Pascotto / AGA Campolin production. Renzo makes the prototypes, and as it has been explained, AGA puts together the larger runs, using parts provided by Renzo.

The 13.5" Frosolone picklock in Brazilian horn that I have came to me in March of 2015 and is marked with Renzo's stamp. There is no reference to Campolin on this knife.
Attachments
DSC08676.JPG
DSC08676.JPG (564.72 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Here's my newest Frosolone style stamped Pascotto Renzo. It's a 10"...

ImageIMG_5689 by Christopher Brady, on Flickr

Quote From Seller: "THIS IS A VERY LIMITED 10 INCH PASCOTTO RENZO FROSOLONE PICKLOCK WITH SOLID BRASS BOLSTERS LESS THAN 10 MADE. STAMPED NUMBER 6 ON THE INSIDE OF THE LINER. These were made before The AGA frosolones and they have slight differences. The blade is unsharpened, and I do mean unsharpened. There is no edge on it, Renzo made these just like the originals, They were never sharpened. This frosolone was made before they made the aga ones. It was the inspiration for aga to conspire with pascotto to make them. The difference is the tang stamp, a slightly slimmer profile blade and handle, the blades were totally unsharpened as in the old days, and a longer swedge on the blade. He only made a small number of them and stamped the number of each knife inside. If you hold it next to one of the aga's you can notice the difference."

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
lance

Post by lance »

BladeHQ/Bladeplay still has the 13" Frosolone picklocks from 2015 in stock in a variety of handle materials. I'm guessing they're just shamelessly selling ones with defects they still have left? Knives people have (continuously) returned because of the defects?

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=frosolone[/quote]
Those are some beautiful knives but i dont do business w/bladehq or bladeplay they've Both sent me knives that were completely non working & jacked the. F%@# up as soon as i unboxed em..and when i called em and told em they BOTH gave me the same awnser..KICK ROCKS!!
They got me for close to a grand between em.
If i want a production knife theres only ONE guy i deal with..Bernie folgore.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

JulesVane wrote:Here's my newest Frosolone style stamped Pascotto Renzo. It's a 10"...
Quote From Seller: "THIS IS A VERY LIMITED 10 INCH PASCOTTO RENZO FROSOLONE PICKLOCK WITH SOLID BRASS BOLSTERS LESS THAN 10 MADE. STAMPED NUMBER 6 ON THE INSIDE OF THE LINER. These were made before The AGA frosolones and they have slight differences. The blade is unsharpened, and I do mean unsharpened. There is no edge on it, Renzo made these just like the originals, They were never sharpened. This frosolone was made before they made the aga ones. It was the inspiration for aga to conspire with pascotto to make them. The difference is the tang stamp, a slightly slimmer profile blade and handle, the blades were totally unsharpened as in the old days, and a longer swedge on the blade. He only made a small number of them and stamped the number of each knife inside. If you hold it next to one of the aga's you can notice the difference."
I missed out on the 10" Renzo P Frosolone. Can't get everything! I do have a Renzo P 11" in addition to the 13.5". Both of those are sharpened. Why certain things are done in Maniago is a mystery. Adds to the mystique of these pieces.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

A truer word never spoke Mr. Natcherly! Just when I think I've got something semi-figured out, the next question arises...
Here's a fun comparison of the Pascotto Renzo and A.G.A. 10" Frosolone style:

ImageFullSizeRender (2) by Christopher Brady, on Flickr

mick17

Post by mick17 »

Some nice looking knives in here!

My 13.5"

thom

Post by thom »

Bernie, How much?
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Wow that is so amazing! What a rare one
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

I love it.
-Robert H. Shuller
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

mick17 wrote:Some nice looking knives in here!

My 13.5"

Man I love that knife, the design, those scales!
-Robert H. Shuller