13.5" Reproduction Frosolone white pearl

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

13.5" Reproduction Frosolone white pearl

Post by METALGOD »

Hi guys here is my 13.5" AGA Campolin mother of pearl frosolone style switchblade stiletto , it is 1 of 3 made , direct out of Angelos personal collection . blade is stamped (A.G.A. Campolin) long ways and ( Made in Italy) on tang. i was told by Angelo this knife was in his display case in the front showroom of his buisiness.
Attachments
JUNE 2015 017.jpg
JUNE 2015 017.jpg (488.15 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
JUNE 2015 018.jpg
JUNE 2015 018.jpg (497.74 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
JUNE 2015 020.jpg
JUNE 2015 020.jpg (471.29 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
JUNE 2015 019.jpg
JUNE 2015 019.jpg (508.26 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
JulesVane

Re: 13.5" Reproduction Frosolone white pearl

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Bernie! That knife is gorgeous!!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
lance

Post by lance »

That m.o.p has some FIRE TO IT!! Georgeous homeboy!!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:Wow Bernie! That knife is gorgeous!!
Hey thanks , i had one in abalone also but had sell it due bills etc... it is a rare knife only 3 made in MOP :D
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

lance wrote:That m.o.p has some FIRE TO IT!! Georgeous homeboy!!
Thanks Lance . i was told only 3 made in MOP i kinda wonder who has other 2 .
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

What is the design purpose of having the button so low? Just aesthetics?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Genghis Khan wrote:What is the design purpose of having the button so low? Just aesthetics?
There was a post I had recently read (can't find now) that addressed the same question. Appears it was designed as an "assassin" knife. It would be hidden behind the hand (palm side in) with the point of the knife facing up the arm, placing the lowered button now at the finger-tips. The knife would then be raised for a downward stabbing position. The post was very in-depth, with great pictures, but I just can't seem to find it again.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
lance

Post by lance »

That makes sense.id love to see the artical if ya find it
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

lance wrote:That makes sense.id love to see the artical if ya find it
Lance...This was Dave's post from 2014:

viewtopic.php?p=256482#p256482

Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

JulesVane wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:What is the design purpose of having the button so low? Just aesthetics?
There was a post I had recently read (can't find now) that addressed the same question. Appears it was designed as an "assassin" knife. It would be hidden behind the hand (palm side in) with the point of the knife facing up the arm, placing the lowered button now at the finger-tips. The knife would then be raised for a downward stabbing position. The post was very in-depth, with great pictures, but I just can't seem to find it again.
I don't doubt that you read this, but I do doubt the utility of this feature for wet work. Adding the variable of possibly not having the knife open fully just before the strike is something that no one would want. The OSS used a sleeve dagger for the same purpose. A fixed blade is way more prudent.
Just saying.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Genghis Khan wrote:
JulesVane wrote:
I don't doubt that you read this, but I do doubt the utility of this feature for wet work. Adding the variable of possibly not having the knife open fully just before the strike is something that no one would want. The OSS used a sleeve dagger for the same purpose. A fixed blade is way more prudent.
Just saying.
Did you check out the link I posted (Dave's post from '14)? I have no doubt the fixed blade has no worry about the lockup, but Dave's old post sure does explain the button placement on the Frosolone. Silly question: What's "wet work"? lol

In case you missed the link...viewtopic.php?p=256482#p256482

Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Wet work is basically killing. As in your hands get wet with blood.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Genghis Khan wrote:Wet work is basically killing. As in your hands get wet with blood.
...Sorry kids...no bedtime stories from Uncle Genghis...EVER AGAIN!...LMAO

Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

JulesVane wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:Wet work is basically killing. As in your hands get wet with blood.
...Sorry kids...no bedtime stories from Uncle Genghis...EVER AGAIN!...LMAO
Just wait until I have had a bourbon or two. The stories get better.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bernie (or anyone), what year would you say this beauty was made in? Were there certain years that Angelo had A.G.A. Campolin stamped along the blade like that?