11" A.G.A. Campolin Brazilian Horn Flatguard 5mm Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: 11" A.G.A. Campolin Brazilian Horn Flatguard 5mm Picklock

Post by Viking45 »

Just wow! I may start saving for one of these, had my eye on them for a while but seeing this superb specimen I might get one some day.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

mick17 wrote:
blademan wrote:
mick17 wrote:Nice one.

Whose signature is on the certificate?
I'm not sure.
Yeah I have a few of these knives and can't make out who signed the certificates on any of them.
These are truly fabulous knives and are of the quality promised 12+ years ago with the AGA Campolin 13" Picklocks. Those promises were not met back then, but they certainly have been now on these knives, exceeded even!

I had a close look at the signature on that certificate. I make it out to be "Calvin Boyd". Great old Italian name.......
blademan

Post by blademan »

natcherly wrote:
mick17 wrote:
blademan wrote: I'm not sure.
Yeah I have a few of these knives and can't make out who signed the certificates on any of them.
These are truly fabulous knives and are of the quality promised 12+ years ago with the AGA Campolin 13" Picklocks. Those promises were not met back then, but they certainly have been now on these knives, exceeded even!

I had a close look at the signature on that certificate. I make it out to be "Calvin Boyd". Great old Italian name.......
Thanks for clearing that out, i just looked up the name in my copy of "Switchblades Of Italy" but couldn't find it anywhere in there
but it got me start reading again, and realized what a great history goes behind these knifes.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

mick17 wrote:Nice one.

Whose signature is on the certificate?
I believe that reads "Campolin Angelo", which is the Italian way. Renzo's is "Pascotto Renzo". For years people thought that was "Parema Centro", because of the big loop in his R looked like a C. I have one or two of those Certificates of Authenticity with both signatures. My favorite is the one that says it was built especially for me. I just wish I remembered which knife it belonged to.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
DonC

Post by DonC »

The 13" AGA pick locks from the 2002 run are among my favorites. Size and proportions of these really rows my boat. I also have one of Renzo's limited production 28cm flat guard 5mm (photos to follow if I ever get off my dead butt) and agree that it is a truly well done representation of the genre.

DonC