Pascotto Primo

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

Re: Pascotto Primo

Post by METALGOD »

its been stated Renzo knives are 80% handmade and AGA production are 20% handmade ,side by side you cannot tell the difference other than the stamp , the Renzo stamped knives may be more hands on but lets be honest they are of same exact quality as the AGA models Renzo made. to state one is better than other is foolish as they are both made by Renzo Pascotto, i guarantee you paid more for your Renzo stamped version but i guarantee you and everyone else they are of same exact quality.
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Wow John both beautiful but that stag is just amazing. My AGA model stag pales in comparison to that one.

Thanks for the info but kind of disappointed that the AGA models are mostly machine made.
Last edited by mick17 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

mick17 wrote:Wow John both beautiful but that stag is just amazing. My AGA model stag pales in comparison that one.

Thanks for the info but kind of disappointed that the AGA models are mostly machine made.
no need to be disappointed i have personally tested the 11" wasp body "La Vespa" AGA stamped model and have fired it over 2500 times now and its still going strong , would love to see if the 80% knives can handle this .
john

Post by john »

Hi Bernie,
I agree the AGA stamped knives are fabulous. Both knives the handmade or the machine made were done by Renzo Pascotto. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one or more of the AGA knives. I have not compared the AGA versus the Renzo stamped knife but I'm going to guess that the production model maybe a little cleaner than the handmade simply because they are were machine made. They may be even more reliable. The only difference I can see in the photos is the stamp. 150 models were made for AGA and only time were made with Renzo stamp.
I have purchased the AGA 25 cm 80H/20M and the Pascotto 25 cm 20M/80H stiletto and the only difference I can see is the stamp.
Who knows what they'll be worth in the future. At some point in the future I will sell off my collection, of course I'll keep a few, but I don't plan on making a fortune on my knives; I will be happy to break even.
John
PS: Bernie, I can't recall how many knives I purchased from you, but I can recall that it's been more than just a few. Everyone here should know that you have fabulous knives and they are priced at a wicked fair price. I've never been disappointed with any knife I have purchased from you.
Last edited by john on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
john

Post by john »

mick17 wrote:Wow John both beautiful but that stag is just amazing. My AGA model stag pales in comparison to that one.

Hi Mick,
Don't be disappointed most of the knives we buy and collect are mostly machine made. The quality of the is machine made knives is awesome. Most of my collection, maybe 80%, is of machine made knives. I've seen many knives with awesome stag and some that are average. Some of mine have just average color and texture, but they're awesome anyway.
Thank you the compliment,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed