Latest Stuff 12-16-16

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Latest Stuff 12-16-16

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Jeremy is a member here, but hasn't shared this post, so I have imported it for him
JimBrown257 wrote:It's been about six months since I posted any thing so I have a bunch.

I've started trying to do the traditional 2-piece bolster. Some of them came out pretty well. The humpback on the end has a coil spring. You can also see some bayo grinds I got much better than on earlier tries (the lighting makes it a little hard to see the lines).

The next group are lockback swingers. The first two (from the left) are just different sizes of models I've done before. The dagger blade is based on a roll of Lifesavers (with blue added). The open-rocker is a design Dave (ILS) came up with. I thought it was cool so I made one.

The last stuff is some random models. The first one is a pretty straight Guardian copy. It fires really hard and locks up like a rock (like a real Guardian). The red bone lever crossguard is something I thought would look cool. The lever presses upwards like on a Mikov, the top bolster is like a Bargeon and the bottom is a fishtail. The next two are basically Case no-backsprings. The Fish pl has snakewood and brass. The 13" oval-button swinger is a just a rip-off of those big AGAs. And the last one is another double-blade-one-button with finger-groove Rizzuto bolsters.

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
ILikeStilettos

Re: Latest Stuff 12-16-16

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JimBrown257 wrote:It's been about six months since I posted any thing so I have a bunch. I've started trying to do the traditional 2-piece bolster.
and Bravo! to you for that!
JimBrown257 wrote:The open-rocker is a design Dave (ILS) came up with. I thought it was cool so I made one.
As I have pointed out recently, Jeremy is becoming quite the builder and coming up fast in the rear view mirror of the big dogs. I really appreciate the plug about my designs in the right most and bottom most, respectively, in these next two shots. I can't actually claim to have done more than inspire him though, because he worked from an early and incomplete version and just figured out the internals himself. It's more of a homage than something I can take credit for. You did, as always, an excellent job!

JimBrown257 wrote:The 13" oval-button swinger is a just a rip-off of those big AGAs.
Jeremy says "rip-off", I say "tribute." It's hard to call anything that nice a rip-off. You've captured the flavor of the Campolin's and gone them one better in style and sleekness (second from right and second from top on the right). I love the oval button and safety and the great dagger grind. It's obviously NOT an AGA, and I think that's entirely to your credit. Great job, man. The double is just cool as hell, and looks really nice closed with those built in guards. The little red exposed rocker and the snakewood fish are really well done, too.

Jeremy, you are to the point now that everything you do is top drawer and definitely ready for prime time. :thumbs Up: If any readers are feeling the lust, then I urge you to pull the trigger before he gets too popular and has higher prices and a long waiting list. The cool and brave thing about Jeremy is that he is a designer as well and has not painted himself into a little box of what he does. He does it all! If it isn't obvious by now, I am a fan. I can hardly believe how far he has come in such a short time. It's too bad that Killbucket has passed, because I know Ian would be echoing these same thoughts. He'd admire the hell out of you, as do I. :bow:
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Most impressive! Whole big gobs of talent.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Outstanding!
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking round up. Very nicely done.
DonC
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Amazing stuff, hard to choose a favorite but that stag/wasp swinger is looking mighty cool not to mention the large dagger swinger with oval button and lock 8)
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

Absolutely AWESOME !
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Very impressive. Not many can build such a variety of styles from scratch.