Another George Cameron Masterpiece

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Another George Cameron Masterpiece

Post by ILikeStilettos »

It all started with George offering a huge walrus ivory tusk on the auction. I contacted him and not only bought the tusk, but also asked him to build me a 13" knife using it for scales, and then send the leftovers to Duke for future projects. Those of you who have Cameron knives know that George dislikes 13's, but being the good soul that he is, he agreed one more time. I figured to get at least one knife for myself out of the deal, though I'm not especially fond of ivory, and I went to the expert to build it.

We settled on earless and bottomless (kind of like a deformed stripper) and GC convinced me that red spacers would really set it off. This time it's an extended bayonet and she's classy with a wild streak, like a high class hooker. Please excuse the demeaning terminology, it's just that "locker room talk" seems to be in vogue just now. :mrgreen:

George really does a superlative job of polishing these inside and out. The walrus ivory looks a bit different than elephant to me, but I'm not familiar enough to be certain. This may be more animal to animal variation than species to species.

The white on the back side is a tiny bit less grainy.

George leaves no surface unbuffed. His knives are like Rolex's.

The back side is about as crisp as anyone could wish for.

With Garrison Keilor it's red high tops, with George it's red spacers. GC doesn't need to sign his knives, they speak for themselves. He does have a logo though, and this one is marked. Picasso once was asked about hundreds of pieces in his unlocked beach house. He pointed out that none of them were signed. This masterpiece is.

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
daddyloko

Re: Another George Cameron Masterpiece

Post by daddyloko »

An other beautiful masterpiece Dave. I like how George uses those red spacers.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Sweet, but do you have a warehouse where you store all those knives? You probably have more knives than Jerrbear did.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

sammy the blade wrote:Sweet, but do you have a warehouse where you store all those knives? You probably have more knives than Jerrbear did.
I don't know about that, but mine are mostly customs, and 13 inchers.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."