"Darth Maul" Double Switch by JimBrown257

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

"Darth Maul" Double Switch by JimBrown257

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I asked Jeremy if he would build me one of those double switches that fire out of both ends with one button, like the light saber Darth Maul used. Jeremy outdid himself and the knife came out really superb.

It measures 15 cm closed, and 23,5 cm with the larger blade open. or 33 cm with both blades open. It fires both blades with a push of the center button. The cross section is pretty square at 1,8 cm X 1,8 cm. It weights a hefty 254 g. and feels like one of the big Campolins; it's literally that solid and well put together. It's a bit tricky to operate with the centrally located button. Typically I hold it with both hands and try to push down smartly. I can easily forgive any problems here, I don't plan to use it for click therapy and it's amazing that Jeremy was able to build so many moving parts into such a small package. He's not only a great cutler, but also a crackerjack engineer.

The scale material is Carpathian red elm, colored and stabilized by Rob Carper. Jeremy gave it the CA treatment and it really makes the grain and the color pop.

Both 4,5 mm thick mirror polished blades are beveled on the button side of the knife so that they miss each other, and are flat on the outsides, against the nice thick 2 mm brass liners. The top blade is about 9 cm and the bottom only slightly shorter at 8,2 cm.

This thing is a mechanical masterpiece with a total of 6 springs. The two small lock back mechanisms each have a spring, which is almost impossible to see under the kickers. Then there are the kickers themselves, a total of four in two sets of two, side by side.

Take careful note of this stamp. It's one you will be seeing a lot of and it will be attached to a stellar reputation.

As always, your comments, questions and criticisms are much appreciated. Thank's a million, Jeremy, I am thoroughly impressed.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: "Darth Maul" Double Switch by JimBrown257

Post by sammy the blade »

The man defiantly is talented, and if you don't stop robbing banks to buy all those knives your gonna get caught for sure!
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

sammy the blade wrote:The man defiantly is talented, and if you don't stop robbing banks to buy all those knives your gonna get caught for sure!
No banks yet, Sam, just raiding the retirement. I may be broke by the time I run out of brain cells, or eating cat food at some point. I keep thing, almost done, almost done ...
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy it while you can! Save enough so you can add another room on your house. If you don't use it, eventually someone else will and you earned it so enjoy it brother.
2024 candidate for president
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

awesome looking knife! Thanks for posting all the detail shots. Jeremy is a great guy, nice to see some pics of his work. You can't take any of it with you and money is boring. Knives are a much more entertaining investment.
AMDAZ

Post by AMDAZ »

Great looking knife.A master at work. Pics look good. First scales I seen like this. NICE
Brett

Post by Brett »

Awesome knife I love mine,
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Brett wrote:Awesome knife I love mine,
You were the inspiration to reach out to Jeremy. On mine, closing one blade no longer fires the other.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

AMDAZ

Post by AMDAZ »

Don't know much about these type knives. LIKE a good bit Saw several of JB's handmade doubles. What is a rough price for one of this quality?Thanks. AMDAZ
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

AMDAZ wrote:Don't know much about these type knives. LIKE a good bit Saw several of JB's handmade doubles. What is a rough price for one of this quality?Thanks. AMDAZ
Suggest you PM Jeremy and ask. I have another slab of the scale material if you need it.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690