New member with a few blades

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Parabellus

New member with a few blades

Post by Parabellus »

This is my first posting here. I thought I would start by sharing a few examples of my collection to date. Some are old and some are new. Missing are a couple of that I lost track of some fifty years ago including an Italian stiletto folder (not auto) for which I would love to find a replacement. I think it was about eleven inches over-all length.
Anyway here we go:
'Truth is a two-edged sword.'
whippersnapper

Re: New member with a few blades

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your pictures!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Welcome aboard, nice collection you have there.
2024 candidate for president
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME FROM MASS !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
DonC

Post by DonC »

Welcome aboard and thanks for the photos. Looks like you've got a good start on the insanity.
DonC
Parabellus

Post by Parabellus »

Thanks for the welcome.
Nice site for those of us in Kalifornia locked out of so many great weapons like the automatic stilettos shown by so many other members. I can get a manual folder stiletto legally. Gotta find at least an 11" example to satisfy. :D
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Great collection. I have that same bayonet,if I'm not mistaken mine is made by Imperial.

Welcome to Talk Blade and if you are wanting a nice 11" Italian stiletto be sure to check out Sharper Deal auction.
All the sellers are well known and trustworthy but the best thing is that you get a full description and you can see pictures of the actual knife you are bidding on so no surprises or disappointment.
http://www.sharperdeals.net/ Look around,spend several days and wait for the one that strikes your fancy.
It's been a year or more since I bought one but I think you can get a nice one around 75 give or take a few bucks.

Thanks for sharing the great pics.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Hello, new guy; those are some great knives. And the crossbow is great too. I have one of those cheaper versions that I put a front handle and a laser site on it. It's a fun toy.
Attachments
Crossbow.JPG
Crossbow.JPG (65.68 KiB) Viewed 5065 times
Parabellus

Post by Parabellus »

Viking45 wrote:I have that same bayonet,if I'm not mistaken mine is made by Imperial.
...if you are wanting a nice 11" Italian stiletto be sure to check out Sharper Deal auction.
All the sellers are well known and trustworthy but the best thing is that you get a full description and you can see pictures of the actual knife you are bidding on so no surprises or disappointment.
http://www.sharperdeals.net/ Look around,spend several days and wait for the one that strikes your fancy.
It's been a year or more since I bought one but I think you can get a nice one around 75 give or take a few bucks.
My Ontario M7 bayonet suitable for M16 fits my Mossberg 590.
The trick for me is finding a manual folding stiletto-style knife. I had one a long time ago but what I've seen lately is old and decrepit and only 9". I'll keep looking.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Ha-haa! You gotta be kidding me. I bought that bayonet for my Mossberg 590 8)

I absolutely love that wood furniture,wow! Mine has the black synthetic with a place for 4 extra shells in the butt.
So the gun could have up to 13 rounds all by itself with one in the pipe.
Oh and mine has the simple bead front sight and that's it,basically a point and shoot.

I have never seen a 590 with wood,didn't know they even made one. Gorgeous and I'm jealous :lol:

You should still check in on the Sharper Deal auction,manual stilettos pop up now and then. In fact they are legal on ebay so there's another option.
Falcon of Italy makes a high quality manual stiletto for a very good price,maybe 40 bucks or less?
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Parabellus
Love the Japanese polearms set up.
I always wanted a naginata with fullpole,its a deadly weapon in the right hands as is the yari.
I also love the last ghurkha knife in your set.Has it got any markings as I've been looking for a M43 British issue for a long time now.
The ninja weapons are awesome also ,love the linked chain knife and the ball.
Great collection and pleased to meet you.
Samurai swords were a favourite of mine many years ago ,and the Mossberg is a lovely looking gun a great mix for everyone.
Good luck finding your knife

All the best
Gravknife
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Pretty darn impressive collection ya got there Mr.Parabellus ....Welcome to the forum !

Rondog
Parabellus

Post by Parabellus »

Here is the 590 as it was when I got it. The shoulder-saver butt-stock really softens the impact of the 12ga.
I got lucky finding the wood furniture from somebody's 500.
The yari is complete; all I did was to wrap the upper portion with leather to hide some rather unsightly combat damage to the turned wood underneath.
The naginata is an old blade perhaps from the Shinto era that I fastened to a wood pole that I counterbalanced and trimmed to a teardrop cross section. Then I made a scabbard.
The mangi sai for the nunti and spearhead for the chang ji are latter day purchases from a martial arts supply nearly forty years ago. Their poles are from local hardware stores.
The large khukuri field knife has no markings. It came to me very rusted over as have many of the older blades including this kris as well as the naginata and katana/wakizashi blade set which I mounted in modern furniture.
The kama pair and the kusarigama are actual agricultural sickles I got in Taiwan. The weight on the chain is a fishing weight. :mrgreen:
Yes, using these real weapons does make training more fun.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Parabellus wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
Nice site for those of us in Kalifornia locked out of so many great weapons like the automatic stilettos shown by so many other members. I can get a manual folder stiletto legally. Gotta find at least an 11" example to satisfy. :D

I'll be darned, I wasn't aware there were laws against automatic knives. Guess I wasn't paying attention, you shouldn't either. HO! HO!
2024 candidate for president