Corsica Vendetta a Gift from Lance71

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

Corsica Vendetta a Gift from Lance71

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,

Here is a knife that I received yesterday. It was a gift from Lance71. Thank you Lance for your thoughtfulness and generosity. This knife fires wicked fast and locks up with the tiniest of movement. OAL 20 cm, 8", Cow Horn Handle with a White Cloud by the Safety 11 cm, 4 3/8", Flat Grind Stainless Steel Etched Blade 9 cm, 3 5/8", Stainless Bolsters, One Piece Spring, Front Scale Looks Great the Back Scale has a small Crack along the top pin, Stainless Blade the Front is Stamped INOX, No Stamp on Back Side, Brass Pins and Liners, Backside Liner Only Fully Lined "S" Guards. Blade Etch on the front side appears to read Vendetta Corsa, Back side Morte is easily read but the second word is Illegible to me. The knife shows some signs of use and is in very good condition. Three out of four of the bolsters match. The swivel bolster is different.
Thanks again, Lance.

Please feel free to post your Vendetta knife or Knives (DonC) to this thread.

Thank you, Everyone, for taking a look at another example of the Vendetta Tourist knife,

John

All the photos with the etched blade, flopped, they can't be read without turning your monitor upside down or on edge. I will reshoot and try again.

Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy da blade

Re: Corsica Vendetta a Gift from Lance71

Post by sammy da blade »

Cool, I tried to turn my phone around to read the etching on the blade but the pic. moved with the phone. Bummer, nice score on that one and you sure can't beat the price!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
DonC

Post by DonC »

John:
I tried standing on my head and looking at the photos but all the blood left my feet and brain and rushed to my head so I passed out );-)
You should be able to go back into the Photobucket library with the photos and click on "edit" from the thumbnail images and choose "orientation" which should allow you to rotate or mirror the original photo. Don't know if you'd have to edit the image string in your original post or re-post but it will save having to shoot all new photos.
On a side note, That looks like a good example of a Vendetta. The etch is nice and clear.
Looks like the odd man out bolster is SS. Not unusual in some of the older stilettos.
DonC
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

John
A beautiful gift .
I have a 13inch on its way at present,its similar scaled as this one ,I'll post it soon as it arrives.
I would like to know more about them.
Thanks for posting mate.
Regards

Gravknife
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

John
Sorry about the poor picture but the knife is similar to yours,my etch isnt as clear and the horn on your knife is nicer on your example,i really like it.
The Rostfrei B 13 is bigger on the bolsters ,and the blade is fatter,the inox is sleeker in my eyes but it may just be the horn vs the pearlex scale.
I will master the photos soon and post more if interested.
Thanks for posting this John.hope you dont mind me keeping an eye on this thread to learn about these vendetta knives.
Regards

Gravknife
Attachments
DSC_0015~2.jpg
DSC_0015~2.jpg (244.46 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
DonC

Post by DonC »

I haven't researched them specifically but, as I understand it, they were created for the French tourist market.
Most of them that I've seen fall into the Transitional to Modern category in that all of them I've seen have swivel bolsters while some have modern button/safeties but some are D stamped liners. I haven't seen a picklock but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there.
DonC