Beltrame

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Markco the Mad otter

Re: Beltrame

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Thanks. Always fun to revisit there through the tons of pictures and of course share them. Wish the ones my son took weren't so big.
Glad that a few of you enjoyed them too. Maybe I'll add a few from Lucio's and the village, if there is any interest there.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...oh...there's interest!!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kniveswords

Post by kniveswords »

Show more pics man!
Check out my honest articles about knives here 8) : http://7knives.com
Markco the Mad otter

The hotel and a few shots from walking up the the castle ruins.
Attachments
GEDC1784.JPG
GEDC1784.JPG (440.78 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
GEDC1801.JPG
GEDC1801.JPG (595.92 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
GEDC1761.JPG
GEDC1761.JPG (678.85 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
Further along the road to the castle.
Further along the road to the castle.
GEDC1808.JPG (449.02 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
GEDC1772.JPG
GEDC1772.JPG (952.33 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
This road is on the edge of the village and leads up to the castle ruins. Really isn't a lot left of it.
This road is on the edge of the village and leads up to the castle ruins. Really isn't a lot left of it.
GEDC1816.JPG (345.75 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
This is the hotel that Sara helped us get a room at. Pretty nice, had like a penthouse suit on the upper(third I think) floor. Had to used your key for the elevator to go to that floor. I think that there was only one other room up there.
This is the hotel that Sara helped us get a room at. Pretty nice, had like a penthouse suit on the upper(third I think) floor. Had to used your key for the elevator to go to that floor. I think that there was only one other room up there.
GEDC1654.JPG (423.88 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Markco the Mad otter

Just one more shot of the castle.
Attachments
GEDC1775.JPG (532.12 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Very nice! Maniago must be a little bit bigger than I pictured. It's own Hotel. Very interesting. I'll have to read up on it, never have.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Markco the Mad otter

Sorry about the hodgepodge order of these pictures but seems that the down loading scrambled their order plus some are mixed with pictures that my son took and unfortunately he was hooting too big to fit on here. Also, a couple of pictures you may have noticed are turned wrong. It was because I angled the camera and for some reason the posting turns them all back horizontally.

Ok, well now back to Frank's shop.
Attachments
GEDC1755.JPG
GEDC1755.JPG (638.5 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1748.JPG
GEDC1748.JPG (252.3 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1752.JPG
GEDC1752.JPG (247.25 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1751.JPG
GEDC1751.JPG (253.59 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1730.JPG
GEDC1730.JPG (216.22 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1710.JPG
GEDC1710.JPG (293.28 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1696.JPG
GEDC1696.JPG (506.51 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1740.JPG
GEDC1740.JPG (333.95 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Markco the Mad otter

Well, unfortunately that's about all there is that I can post from Frank's shop. I wish there were more ....but seems that quite a few were rather blurred. I think my hands may have been shaking a bit from the excitement of just being there. :roll:

But there are some from Lucio's that I can post. Seems though I had that same problem especially at his house trying to take pictures of his collection. Between my hands shaking and the low lighting I suppose that I was fortunate to get any.
Attachments
GEDC1827.JPG
GEDC1827.JPG (301.03 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1828.JPG
GEDC1828.JPG (424.64 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
I really like mother of pearl and abalone.
I really like mother of pearl and abalone.
GEDC1674.JPG (386.33 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1691.JPG
GEDC1691.JPG (566.03 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1756.JPG
GEDC1756.JPG (268.97 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
GEDC1680.JPG
GEDC1680.JPG (417.85 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

One of the most interesting topics I've ever seen on this forum, or any other for that matter! Thanks for the tour Markco.
2024 candidate for president
lance

Post by lance »

Awesome pictures. Great thread!! Thanks for shareing!! Encore encore!!
Markco the Mad otter

I must tell you that there is an awsome series of posts called:
"Fredde10 goes to Italy."
It is somewhere on Sharper Deals archives but I was able to go to yahoo search and just typed it in. His postings are well done and much more elaborate than anything I would be able to come up with. When I got back it was suggested that I do something similar but honestly I just didn't get the pictures like he did nor did I have the time that he did.

I can continue to add what pictures I have from Lucio's but besides that and maybe a few snaps around the village I haven't much more to offer relating to knives.

I was just drawn to this old thread when it was revisited and saw that people were going to Italy and not finding any switchblades.
Before I went, I didn't know what to expect besides in Maniago, actually I sort of expected to find more knives than I did. I mean more in the village.
There was one pretty cool knife shop that I bought a few and as I was paying the cashier opened a drawer and I saw a bunch of the little keychain size switchblades so I bought some of those too.
She seemed to be a little ticked at me because :
#1. I didn't communicate with her very well,
#2. I knew how to open a scale release that was sort of backwards then most.
#3. I was using a credit card and she just finished the transaction when I saw the other little knives and she didn't want to do another transaction for just one, not enough money. So I bought several.
My regrets there were not spending my time in the store and if I could have communicated better or had someone that spoke Italian with me and not taking pictures inside and outside of the store.
I often was reluctant to take pictures certain places afraid of being the stupid American tourist or offending someone by taking a picture of something they didn't want me to or the motives being misinterpreted. Which had already happened on the way there and would happen several times later in the trip.
Ok well I could take some pictures of the knives that I did get while I was there and post them and I will share the trip to Lucio's.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Markco the Mad otter

JulesVane wrote:Very nice! Maniago must be a little bit bigger than I pictured. It's own Hotel. Very interesting. I'll have to read up on it, never have.
I don't know population but it is larger than I expected and I hate to admit but a lot more modern too.
There is a village center with a fountain that was close to the hotel and since we didn't have a car we walked around a bit.
Where Beltrame's shops and Angelo Campolin almost gave the feeling of a small American industrial park.
Campolin's shop is right down the street from Beltrames but I didn't go there nor did I go next door to Frank's brothers shop.
I was told no one at Armando's spoke English and I don't speak Italian and well....
We didn't go to Campolin's and now I wish we had but I really hadn't built a relationship up with them and I was hoping that there would be more time with Frank and Sara.

The side trip to Maniago was wonderful and really glad that we made it there but it could have been much more with a little better planning on my part.

Please visit the:

Fredde10 goes to Italy
Posts. He did a wonderful job documenting his trip.
It is fun for me to look at it to since I recognize things from my trip. I even recognize some of Lucio's knives in his collection.
Fredde's pictures of his knife collection are so much better than mine I won't even bother posting mine here. There is just no point. I will add a few from his shop but not many, just too redundant with better pictures if you go to Fredde.....
and I will add a couple more from around the village.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Here is the link to the "Fredde10 goes to Italy"
http://www.sharperdeal.com/fredde10/italytrip.htm

I think you can view those pictures without joining the forum, but if not it is worth it to join.
http://www.sharperdeal.biz/forums/index ... 93be7d18b4

If you have tried to register at sharperDeals in the past and had problems I apologize. The registration process has been changed so it will now be quick and painless.
Markco the Mad otter

whippersnapper wrote:Here is the link to the "Fredde10 goes to Italy"
http://www.sharperdeal.com/fredde10/italytrip.htm

I think you can view those pictures without joining the forum, but if not it is worth it to join.
http://www.sharperdeal.biz/forums/index ... 93be7d18b4

If you have tried to register at sharperDeals in the past and had problems I apologize. The registration process has been changed so it will now be quick and painless.
And should all else fail just search web with fredde10 goes to Italy and yu ought to be able to find it. Really good posting.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

What a wonderful follow of Fredde10...Thank's whippersnapper and all those that contributed to this awesome journey shared with us!