Beltrame

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Hombre

Beltrame

Post by Hombre »

I have only a few switchblades but went to Rome for a 4 days vacation and found this one....
I just wanted to share....

/Stefan
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Beltrame

Post by natcherly »

Nice flatgrind. Appears to be a 13" swivel bolster release with dark horn scales. What does the tang say that tells you it is a Beltrame and which one?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice one!
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Thank you for the nice comments!
Nothing on the tang but I saw the invoice in the knifeshop because the guy there just got them in stock.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Nice flat grind you have. Gimme a flat grind any day over the other grinds.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

Nice one...!
I went to Venice in 2005 on vacation.
I picked up a AB 9" Burl wood Damascus knife.

I always said if i ever go to Italy, im gonna bring one home!
john

Post by john »

Hello Hombre,

Nice knife!

My first trip to Italy was in 2006. I couldn't find a Switchblade anywhere. Then I walked into this little gift shop in Sorrento and found an "EL Cheapo". It was a NATO OTF eight euros. On my next trip to Italy while I was in Sicily I noticed in a gift shop with a few autos Italian stilettos made by Frank Beltrame. They were all priced higher than what I could buy them for in the states. Later on that same trip trip I went to another gift shop and found a bunch of Campolin autos all large knives 15 and 18 inch. They were very expensive $300. or more. I could buy them for in the states for less. Those were definitely for this tourists.

John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Reading these older threads: We toured Europe (Spain, Italy and France). Didn't see one switch at all in Italy (and I was looking!). Saw one in the window of a tiny shop in France. Waited around for over an hour for the shop to open up. When they finally opened, I took a closer look and it was, how do they say in French...La CRAP! So disappointed.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Midnight Drums wrote:Nice one...!
I went to Venice in 2005 on vacation.
I picked up a AB 9" Burl wood Damascus knife.

I always said if i ever go to Italy, im gonna bring one home!
Post a pic!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24756
I must consider myself lucky to have found switchblades the two latest trips when I have been looking for them....
Should love to take a trip to Maniago but guess that the rest of the family shouldn´t be so keen in that....

/Stefan
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

i found a 32"aga in rome for 100 bucks the guy had bought it for his store 25 or more yrs ago,you have to ask, often they aren't on display
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

georgyboy wrote:i found a 32"aga in rome for 100 bucks the guy had bought it for his store 25 or more yrs ago,you have to ask, often they aren't on display
Geez George. A 32 inch switchblade made it past airport security (or, lack there of)? I guess I worry too much.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

If it's in checked luggage you should be reasonably safe. The operative work here is "reasonably". There's always a certain element of risk but the odds are in your favor for non-firearms items.
DonC
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

You were in Italy and couldn't find a switch?!!! I found some in Venice but the place in Italy to find autos is where they make them, Maniago. I found a couple of shops that sold them but I also visited Frank and family and Lucio. After touring Frank's work shop visited Lucio, toured his place then he took us across the street to his home and showed us his own collection! One like I had never seen before or since.
I could go on but don't want to totally hijack this.
But Maniago is a cool little village and off the tourist track.
Attachments
Lucio showing us some stock to make handles out of. Unreal the amount and cool variety of horn, bone and other stuff he had.
Lucio showing us some stock to make handles out of. Unreal the amount and cool variety of horn, bone and other stuff he had.
GEDC1862.JPG (739.16 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
These are some of those little tourist gondola autos. Some people are under the impression that they are old and had quit making them. Well, this was a window display in Venice I bought a couple. Not real expensive.
These are some of those little tourist gondola autos. Some people are under the impression that they are old and had quit making them. Well, this was a window display in Venice I bought a couple. Not real expensive.
GEDC2134.JPG (364.72 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
...and more
...and more
GEDC1825.JPG (390.01 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
Also at Frank's getting ready to ship.
Also at Frank's getting ready to ship.
GEDC1673.JPG (474.54 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
This was at Frank's shop.
This was at Frank's shop.
GEDC1700.JPG (382.66 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Markco the Mad otter wrote:You were in Italy and couldn't find a switch?!!! I found some in Venice but the place in Italy to find autos is where they make them, Maniago. I found a couple of shops that sold them but I also visited Frank and family and Lucio. After touring Frank's work shop visited Lucio, toured his place then he took us across the street to his home and showed us his own collection! One like I had never seen before or since.
I could go on but don't want to totally hijack this.
But Maniago is a cool little village and off the tourist track.
No, no, please do hijack this. I wanna see the rest of your pics man!!! Image
Knee-deep in the hoopla...