Beltrame

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Beltrame

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

You're a legend, Marko! Far more detailed photo-documentation of Frank's shop than Fredde10's... also very interesting to see not just stiletto parts that Frank made his name with, but also his lesser-known endeavors such as parts for the B-Naked and B-Stealth. I did just manage to order one of the latter from Sara, who gave me a wholesale price since it was their "older" version and they're trying to clear out stock or something (she's a little difficult to communicate with, too, but very friendly).
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Well, thanks, Luke.
There were a few things that I wish I had photographed that I didn't. The time at Beltrames' was, I believe the day after we arrived in Italy. The flight was one thing but the land trip to Moniago was....long. Talking about a stranger in a strange place...
Once there, I was excited just to be there and finally be able to meet them after talking with them via email for several years but I was also in a bit of a fog from the long trip.
One thing that I wanted to take some pictures of but didn't were some knives totally covered in thick, very thick layers of dust but didn't because I was afraid it might be taken as rude. I did later ask if I could buy them. I just wondered what they were. I was told no that there was something wrong with them that kept them from being finish, so I even suggested that if I bought some others if they would throw these in so that I might try to practice work on them.
This seemed agreeable but never happened. As far as I know those knives may still be there only distinguishable by exaggerated outlines in a mountain of shop dust.
Perhaps tomorrow I can post a few pictures from Lucio's.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Great photos for sure, thanks for sharing! Whatever happened to the photos from Lucio's??