Can anyone help?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bigcatkevin

Can anyone help?

Post by Bigcatkevin »

I have two knives my dad passed down to me and i was hoping someone could help me get some information on them im new to this and will apprecitate any help.

The silver color one has springer on the bottom of the handle and the blade says SOFFE Solingen Germany. The other one says Coricama made in Italy.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.34 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Both are rare knives. The Coricama was made between 1945 and 1958. The safety cap is missing. Can't tell more without much better pictures.
The German knife is badly worn and would be expensive to repair.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi the Coricama was made in the 1950's . the German leverlock probably 1960's . coricama is a vintage stiletto collectors dream of having in their collection it is a highly sought after stiletto and the kriss blade is a more rare version , your best bet if you wish to sell it is put on sharperdeal auction and see what happens you never know you may have a 1000 dollar knife or you may have a 300 dollar knife the market has its ups and downs but definetly worth a shot :)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I am a huge fan of German levers but that Coricama kris is outstanding.
It is a pick lock and very rare.
As a knife collector I am very sentimental when it comes to knives,if you choose to sell them do all your homework because these knives could be worth some serious Lira.
If you choose to keep them which I encourage,perhaps have the lever lock restored and leave the Coricama be.

Just my two cents worth.
Thanks for sharing the photos and welcome to the forum.
Bigcatkevin

Post by Bigcatkevin »

Thank you everyone for your help and information. I cant beleive ive just had these laying around since i was about twelve. I am going to hang on to them and maybe try and look for more to add to the collection, but once more thank you for all of your help.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Hello, Kevin; those are both really cool knives. If those are the only two you have, you might have the highest average value collection of any collector here.

I doubt you are going to just give them to me so my second recommendation would be to keep them and continue collecting so you have a larger collection to pass on to your grandkid. You would probably get several hundred dollars if you sold them but you'd regret it really quickly. Those were probably really special to your grandfather and he probably put a lot of work hiding them from your grandmother.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Bigcatkevin wrote:Thank you everyone for your help and information. I cant beleive ive just had these laying around since i was about twelve. I am going to hang on to them and maybe try and look for more to add to the collection, but once more thank you for all of your help.
And ladies and gentlemen that's how this insidious disease gets its start. :)
douglip

Post by douglip »

I have the same Coricama. 11 inch. Looks like the very same knife.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

JimBrown257 wrote:Those were probably really special to your grandfather and he probably put a lot of work hiding them from your grandmother.
That cracked me up! But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do... if my girlfriend saw how many knives I actually have, she might call the cops or something...

In any case, very beautiful picklock Kevin, that to me would be the real jewel of the collection.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...