Custom Horse Hoof Pick Auto

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Rubens Blades

Custom Horse Hoof Pick Auto

Post by Rubens Blades »

So this one comes with a bit of a story. It was actually created out of necessity as a solution to an actual problem. My neighbor who has horses, some graze on my land,was having a hard time getting her folding hoof pick out while holding one of the horses feet to clean out the frog . When you have one hand holding the foot,you can't use two hands to unfold the knife.

Me being me,I went back to my shop and I created two of these. Gave one to her and another one to throw up on a website to see if anyone else needed one. She now keeps it clipped to one of those key holder things with the extendable chain on her waist. She can now lean over pick up the horses foot and hit the button on her knife and clean out the foot with ease. So to me that is cool all the way around.
Attachments
Rubens178.jpg
Rubens178.jpg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 5379 times
Rubens177.jpg
Rubens177.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 5379 times
daddyloko

Re: Custom Horse Hoof Pick Auto

Post by daddyloko »

The build looks as if it's a solid and your thinking put a needed tool kept close by.
Have you considered making custom switchblades?
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Thanks, and it just so happens that I do make custom autos all the time. All of them usually go to only one site. This is a custom swinger with just about everything solid and hand made.
Attachments
Rubens258.jpg
Rubens258.jpg (88.2 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
Rubens255.jpg
Rubens255.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
Rubens254.jpg
Rubens254.jpg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
john

Post by john »

Hi Rubens,
Your knife looks great :!: :!: :!: Both of them :!: :!: :!:
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Belmont800
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Awesome design on the Horse Hoof pick. Really like the clean lines of the swing guard. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

Thanks everyone. I am not on the net too much,but I will post more pics later. For now,this one is the knife used as the logo for a site that sells parts. I saw a thread here where a guy had the parts all laid out and was going to build a knife out of all of it. The parts do work,this can be done with them. This one was made to be a swivel bolster and has a two piece removable spring system like a Mikov.
Attachments
Rubens147.jpg
Rubens147.jpg (103.17 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Rubens145.jpg
Rubens145.jpg (79.87 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Rubens144.jpg
Rubens144.jpg (81.78 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

The term "brilliant" is used all too often these days but this is truly brilliant.
When dealing with an animal that can severely hurt or kill a human it is vital to have the right tools to make a swift and necessary procedure.

I can think of at least a dozen jobs that a push button knife could be utilized. Some in the veterinary world.
Laguiole of France makes an exquisite horse hoof knife but the cost is absurd considering I have seen my uncle clean a horse hoof with a hedge stick whittled out with a Barlow.

I commend you for treating your friend with one of your fantastic creations and that swinger is nothing short of spectacular.
We sure hope you stick around and share more of your awesome creations with us.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Rubens Blades wrote:Thanks, and it just so happens that I do make custom autos all the time. All of them usually go to only one site. This is a custom swinger with just about everything solid and hand made.
And the site would be Roadside?

What length is that?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Full disclosure time: Ruebens Blades is just another alias/alter ego of Nemo.

That said, the knife looks well made and I'm sure is a great tool.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

whippersnapper wrote:Full disclosure time: Ruebens Blades is just another alias/alter ego of Nemo.

Thanks for the information, but you're preaching to the choir.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Rubens Blades wrote:Thanks everyone. I am not on the net too much,but I will post more pics later. For now,this one is the knife used as the logo for a site that sells parts. I saw a thread here where a guy had the parts all laid out and was going to build a knife out of all of it. The parts do work,this can be done with them. This one was made to be a swivel bolster and has a two piece removable spring system like a Mikov.
Love the Panak styled short throw safety and removable spring system, but not a fan of blade stamping, even "Superior" (a personal bias, not rational I know.). What's the overall length on this and what kind of money would an interested buyer need?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

whippersnapper wrote:Full disclosure time: Ruebens Blades is just another alias/alter ego of Nemo.

Rubens Blades and Nemo Knives have nothing to do with each other. Please don't clog up the board with this nonsense. I do not have an alter ego. Rubens Blades has been up and running for about 2 years now. If anyone has any questions about this,they can PM me anytime and ask what they like.
Last edited by Rubens Blades on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

ILikeStilettos wrote:

Thanks for the information, but you're preaching to the choir.

Dave,
I just sent a knife to you and I believe we were nice enough to get it to you by Christmas.I would also like to ask you to stop giving out my address to your friends that need knife work done. I do not work for the general public.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Rubens Blades wrote:Thanks everyone. I am not on the net too much,but I will post more pics later. For now,this one is the knife used as the logo for a site that sells parts. I saw a thread here where a guy had the parts all laid out and was going to build a knife out of all of it. The parts do work,this can be done with them. This one was made to be a swivel bolster and has a two piece removable spring system like a Mikov.
Love the Panak styled short throw safety and removable spring system, but not a fan of blade stamping, even "Superior" (a personal bias, not rational I know.). What's the overall length on this and what kind of money would an interested buyer need?

This is a 9 inch,and I honestly do not know what it would sell for. You would have to contact the website for that kind of info. Thanks for the kind words.