Please allow me to introduce the work of Killbucket

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Please allow me to introduce the work of Killbucket

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Gentlemen:

Please grant me the pleasure of showing off some of my 'mangles' from Killbucket: on top, four 13's (33 cm) and then a 9" (23 cm). The first, third and fourth are automatics and the second and fifth are manuals.

The builder has a great sense of humor and names his knives, so from the top down they are Purple Icepick, Midnight Racer, Brass First Mangle, Wicked Beast and Coffin Loader.

As I am unsure of the procedures here and have not yet posted 25 messages, anyone wanting more contact information should either PM or email me. These knives are all from my private collection and are not for sale. However, you will see that Killbucket does have something to say. (The rock is not part of the Wicked Beast, I just couldn't coerce it to sit properly without it.)

He also occasionally decorates his knives with interesting file work. Please note that the Midnight Racer has both brass and copper liners in an Art Deco style file work. The brass skull is his trademark and it's often used as a "fire" button.

I hope that you like them as much as I do.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Re: Please allow me to introduce the work of Killbucket

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
The only restriction is when selling. I believe it's 30 days and 25 or 30 postings before you can sell on this site.
KB's knives are awesome. He does have a sense of humor and he's very creative with his designs.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Those are beauties :twisted:
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Dave, those look great. I especially like that little manual Frosolone. I'm surprised no one has thought to do that before.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JimBrown257 wrote:Dave, those look great. I especially like that little manual Frosolone. I'm surprised no one has thought to do that before.
If you like that one, you'll really like the "heavens" Kris on the other form. The scales are to die for. Thanks for commenting.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Grim

Post by Grim »

Where did he get the acrylic scale material for midnight racer :?:
DONT TREAD ON ME
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Grim wrote:Where did he get the acrylic scale material for midnight racer :?:
He called it Midnight Racer Acrylester, and he said he was going to order more of it. Go on the other forum and you can ask him where.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I can't say enough about these two. First, the 13" AKC bayonet, Lord Barkenbite, is just plain amazing to me. It weighs a modest 6.1 oz. and while you can see the joins between the scales and the bottom bolsters, you cannot feel them. From scales down this knife feels like oiled glass. KB's use of ram horn and buckeye is inspired. The bottom bolsters are translucent white/pink and you can see the full length of the horizontal pins he used to bind the parts together. On the other end, he's left just enough of the texture of the ram's horn to show the natural dark brown bark, which gives the knife it's doggish characteristics. The functioning is spot on and the sound is pure music with a nice loud click when you close. I have plans for some full, ground up customs from some big names and matching prices, but I don't think they will be any more wonderful than this knife. I didn't expect it to be, but this is the first of my Grail knives. Anyone want to buy it? Bring lots and lots of pictures of Mr. Franklin, on second though, don't. I don't think I can ever bear to part with it. The burl, front and back, is just mesmerizing in. You look, and you get lost in it.

Now the second one, where to begin? I purchased a block of blue and purple stabilized elder burl (StaBurl) off flea bay for $23.50 delivered and after I convinced KB to take it on, he decided to do a prototype first. It was nasty and warped on him, but he figured out what to do and took it in stride. If I didn't know that it had given him problems, I wouldn't have suspected them because it came out perfectly. The rest of the material will be appearing in Heaven's Hasp (I think, and that's #9). I liked the material, and it appealed to my wild and crazy side, but KB kicked it up to a whole new level with some comet tail carving. You just have to hold some of KB's stuff in your hand to understand the things that the man does. If you want to see the leading edge of artistry in manuals and switchblades, then look no further, this is it.

So I think that will do for now, you want to see the knives not hear me gab. Thank you, Ian, from the bottom of my twisted heart.
Attachments
The stabilized wood I asked KB to use reminded me of a night sky with stars, black holes and nebulae, particularly on the back scale.
The stabilized wood I asked KB to use reminded me of a night sky with stars, black holes and nebulae, particularly on the back scale.
IMG_1966.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
Lord Barkenbite uses superb buckeye burl scales and ram's horn bolsters. The combination is just stunning to me. Note the comet trail carved into the front scales of the Frosolone.
Lord Barkenbite uses superb buckeye burl scales and ram's horn bolsters. The combination is just stunning to me. Note the comet trail carved into the front scales of the Frosolone.
IMG_1960.jpg (44.27 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
I'm taking a bit of license here to claim both of these, they did come into my possession, but the Frosolone was a trial run that came out so beautifully that my wife immediately claimed it.
I'm taking a bit of license here to claim both of these, they did come into my possession, but the Frosolone was a trial run that came out so beautifully that my wife immediately claimed it.
IMG_1948.jpg (233.84 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690