B Svoboda 8" Kris

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
peter44

B Svoboda 8" Kris

Post by peter44 »

Hello Gentlemen , been looking for this one for a few years since i was a boy and first saw The Ladykillers from 1955, Herbert Lom is the Gangster with a kriss picklock , his looks like an 8" but im not too sure :?: anyway im very happy to have found one :D D stamped liner, Nickel furniture, slip in spring and a lovely heavy feeling snap when it opens :!: Locks up tight no movement either way. Here it is with its 6 1/4" clip baby brother.ImageImageImageImage
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
lars

Re: B Svoboda 8" Kris

Post by lars »

A true beauty, my friend! Together they're a great Svoboda pair you can be real proud to own!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Great additions. I find the kriss blades cool and a bit sinister looking, but like them.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

:) Sweet, Pete! 8)
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

All I can say is Wow! That get's a full "10" on the Cool-O-Meter.
Super nice find Peter. 8)
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Hi Peter,
Glad for you. It's a nice feeling when you have been searching for so long for something and then keeping watch in his hands.
I like it very good.
Where you can always find these beautiful pieces?
Greetings from Europe
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Thanks for your nice replies guys :!: im really happy now i have found one, i love the build quality of the old stuff :D Now what else can i find :!: :!: :!:
john

Post by john »

Hello Peter,
I can see that your New Year's Resolution was to add as many vintage knifes as possible to your collection before the fist two weeks of the year were over. :lol:
You added two wicked cool tang stamps to your collection and the two knives look fantastic; the horn of the small knife is awesome. Both knives are beautiful.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Framerman

Post by Framerman »

So I'm trying to gather information on this dagger I acquired from a friend of mine. I know it's an Svoboda, it's a keeps, I'm just not sure how old though.
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Framerman wrote:So I'm trying to gather information on this dagger I acquired from a friend of mine. I know it's an Svoboda, it's a keeps, I'm just not sure how old though.
Hello Framerman , any photos of your knife ? Mine date from the 50's made by Mauro Mario for Ring cutlery a Californian importer.