115w8 fixed blade test knife

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

115w8 fixed blade test knife

Post by cardoso5fr »

19 cm long, 8,5 cm sharp, 3,2 mm thick. 115w8 oil hardened. 200°c tempered. Brown G10 handle.

ABS sheath, the edge is really terrific. The main idea was to do a test knife, just to see the cutting edge :D

He cut various thing, i eat with that one during some day, i cut soft steel nail, paper, paperbox, various thing :D
That is not bad at all and my heat treatment is not perfect, the time of austénisation was not optimal. With the perfect heat treatment that steel (used for industrial metal saw before the hss was mainly used) is really cooooool :)
StevieWunders

Re: 115w8 fixed blade test knife

Post by StevieWunders »

A graceful, elegant knife. Well done, sir. The more I see of that blade shape, the more I like it. I'm sure it has many other uses, but I'd love to put one to work on a thick steak. In my opinion, a steak knife should be a surgical instrument (it's for cutting meat, right?), not a POS, dull-as-my-butt saw blade that can't slice a fried egg. Your knife would have an honored place at MY table.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I agree that would be my every day steak knife....but cannot afford to eat steak every day. :lol:
It is always interesting to see what your next creation will be Mr. Cardoso. Love this design.
coolabz

Post by coolabz »

it look likes only a small knive but if use it, it can cut ai think a coconut...hehehe but you can bring that anywhere you go..for keep ready
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Thank you. You have take the "spirit" of the knife :). It's fully a table knife, i did to test a bit the steel :D