New MT LUDT

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

New MT LUDT

Post by Viking45 »

I have liked Microtech knives since I bought my first one. The UMS in the middle has been my edc for years now and still has the factory edge. Of course I don't use it for work,it's my "after hours,just glad to know it's there" knife. For a work knife my Case Sodbuster takes care of most tasks.
The MT Amphibian is the one of my all-time favorite knives,this one has what they call the "Urban Camo" theme.
But my new one is the black handled LUDT with the two-tone blade at the bottom of the pics.
Wow,everyone should have one these. They come with all kinds of combination/colors/blade options.
I went with the two-tone and this picture does no justice. The thing just has that mean,all business look to it.
I really like the feel of the handle,it has an almost 'gritty' feel and the blade is ridiculously sharp.

Oh and I would like to add or least recommend another one to the Good guys list if they are not there already. Blade Ops
Free shipping,fast service and they even send an e-mail with tracking info.
Their website is super-nice,love the design....sorry I got the last two-tone but I'm sure they will get more 8)
Last edited by Viking45 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: New MT LUDT

Post by Vagrant »

Others are free to differ but, I've never had a bad Microtech. Every one of them has been 1st rate :idea:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I noticed you had one with the "claw" logo.

Wish they kept that theme.
This particular knife is outstanding! The two-tone just screams bad-ass.
Not made of money but this was the best 129 bucks I have spent in a while.
BladeOps is very cool.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Vagrant wrote:Others are free to differ but, I've never had a bad Microtech. Every one of them has been 1st rate :idea:
I have barely owned ONE Microtech - It hadda be sent back to the factory...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
lars

Post by lars »

Very nice Viking! I like´em all 3! And the Golani! :) VERY nice! :mrgreen:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JerrBear wrote:
Vagrant wrote:Others are free to differ but, I've never had a bad Microtech. Every one of them has been 1st rate :idea:
I have barely owned ONE Microtech - It hadda be sent back to the factory...
What was the problem with yours Jerr?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Viking45 wrote: What was the problem with yours Jerr?
Makora II - Took twice hands to retract the blade...
JerrBear
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

JerrBear wrote: Makora II - Took twice hands to retract the blade...

Maybe you need to work out more! Image Just joking with you! Hate went something don't work right.Image
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Knife Crazied wrote: Maybe you need to work out more! Just joking with you! Hate went something don't work right.
That's okay, Ash, I'm used to it. Stu711 sold me a 9" "Moo Cow" stiletto with a bolster so stiff I could barely close it. He replaced it, but couldn't resist accusing me of having "girly hands."

The Makora II was sent (along with a special $25 buck dollar tool) to our very own and very Macho Mr. StrayDawgie... He took it apart, smoothed-out the innards, put it back together and pronounced it a "Two Hander"

Returned it to the MT factory - Came back working as it should. I promise I didn't get any stronger in the interim... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

JerrBear wrote:
Knife Crazied wrote: Maybe you need to work out more! Just joking with you! Hate went something don't work right.
That's okay, Ash, I'm used to it. Stu711 sold me a 9" "Moo Cow" stiletto with a bolster so stiff I could barely close it. He replaced it, but couldn't resist accusing me of having "girly hands."

Returned it to the MT factory - Came back working as it should. I promise I didn't get any stronger in the interim... :P HO! HO! :P

I got a stiletto once from a well known company and I couldn't close it for nothing. The bolster was so stiff I couldn't shut it. Hurt my finger trying. Only way I could close it was to use my shirt and pants to save my finger a little.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Nice knife. 8)

The Golani looks like a Galil...accept no lightening marks on the receiver....nice rifle. :thumbsup:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Springmesser wrote:Nice knife. 8)

The Golani looks like a Galil...accept no lightening marks on the receiver....nice rifle. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I always loved the Galil but can't afford a real one.This jewel cost less than half and it has some nice features,the barrel is a little heavier and has a milled receiver.
Here is an informative article on the rifle.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n27260169/
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The Microtech knives I've checked out were both top notch and sharper than a razor blade.
Nice knives and The AR is sweet! I know that one hits on site. It would be neat to get a bayo mount to fit an M tech :D
Leverlock switchblades
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Viking45 wrote:
Springmesser wrote:Nice knife. 8)

Thanks. I always loved the Galil but can't afford a real one.This jewel cost less than half and it has some nice features,the barrel is a little heavier and has a milled receiver.
Here is an informative article on the rifle.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n27260169/
Yeah....thanks for the article....awesome rifle.
back in 01 I was at a gun show....a vendor had a pre ban Galil and a pre-ban Poly-Tech Legend...both were $1500 NIB....the Galil was a 308 and at the time I was really into AK's....so I bought the Poly-Tech Legend.....but if the Galil had been a 5.56...I definitely would have bought it....but the Poly-tech is a beauty. :)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Valmet, actually supplied the first Galil receivers, until Israeli production was "up to speed' :idea: