New MT LUDT

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: New MT LUDT

Post by Viking45 »

Springmesser wrote:No....your 5.56 Golani will not accept an AK-47 7.62X39 magazine.
I was wondering if the rifle could take Galil mags in 223
Last edited by Viking45 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Viking45 wrote:
Springmesser wrote:
They are called "Lightening marks" as I mentioned in my previous post....the milled receiver AK-47...Valmet....Galil....have the "lightening marks"
My milled receiver Bulgarian SA-93 and SLR95 have the lightening marks also. :)
Cool. I learn something every time I come here.
Ahhh "lightENing marks...I was thinking lightning marks as in lightning bolts. Gotcha :oops: I'm going for another drink now :lol:

(no worries,I'm only dangerous to myself) :lol:[/quote]

Yeah...I have seen the mistake before.....even got called for spelling it wrong myself. :D
I was wondering if my rifle could take Galil mags in 223
I would bet that it would.....it looks like a Galil to me :?:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I think you spelled it right the first time,I just was seeing double at the time. :lol:

Yeah I just question if a Galil mag would be any more plentiful and if so any less expensive.
I may just say heck with it and buy the mags specifically for this rifle.
They would be new and I would be more comfortable with them.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Viking45 wrote:I think you spelled it right the first time,I just was seeing double at the time. :lol:

Yeah I just question if a Galil mag would be any more plentiful and if so any less expensive.
I may just say heck with it and buy the mags specifically for this rifle.
They would be new and I would be more comfortable with them.
Yeah....Galil mags are expensive.....I wanted to build a semi auto Galil from a parts kit and a receiver.....but even that was too expensive. :x :D
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Just for curiosity sake,where do you but Galil parts/kits? Sounds interesting 8)
Azel1488

Post by Azel1488 »

Very nice Knives my friend love those Microtech's can't go wrong with any model
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Viking45 wrote:Just for curiosity sake,where do you but Galil parts/kits? Sounds interesting 8)
I don't know anymore where you can buy a Galil parts kit.....they have not been available in quite a while....a dealer called federal arms corp used to sell them....but they were an outrageous price...by the time you bought the parts kit and a receiver and the American made compliance parts....you could have just went out and bought a preban semi auto Galil. :)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Kits ???
Once you have the kit, you still have to get the receiver [same paperwork as a complete gun] :idea:
Then there are often parts that must be welded or riveted in [to the receiver]. That reguires more, specialized equipment/skill.
Then you need to head-space [more equipment and knowledge/skill] !
It ain't worth it ;] Unless you've done it lots of times before :idea: