and now for our feature presentation...

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.P.B. I LOVE THE VELVETS!Lou Reed and John Cale were excellent when working together in the Velvets.They brought out the best in eachother.I saw Lou last year but missed him a couple of weeks ago.He still plays good guitar in my book!I have recently converted the current young generation by installing them, Beefheart,Janis Joplin,Zappa,Stooges and The New York Dolls, to name just a few,on the jukebox in my local.I still can't get over the buzz of walking in there every night to the refrains of What Goes On,Waiting for My Man or Raw Power by the Stooges!They are learning fast and keep asking me for more! Makes a nice change to that gangster crap(spelt with the silent c):lol: Yes Paul rogers was in Free and had a hit with Alright Now.I use KaZaA Lite http://www.k-lite.tk/ I will try winmix.Steve Earl is good too! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Stevie Ray Vaughn and TX blues floats my boat.... but Im from TX, so im kinda biased.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I saw Doc Watson and the David Grisman Quintet last weekend. That was an awesome show.

Going to see Blues Traveler and Rusted Root at a festival in Aug.

http://www.sunshinedreams.com
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Pushbutton-

Here's a Wally Ten Years After episode for 'ya-

There I was, at a small nightclub type SF venue, for TYA. When Alvin Lee asked the crowd for any requests, I yelled forth for- 'I'd Love To Change The World', a onetime key ingredient in the early Wally romancing the unwary voluptuous program.
Mr. Lee attempted to ignore me, ( futile endeavor ), until finally answering me with- " I can't do that one by meself now, mate, I'd need an acoustic guitar player. " To which I volunteered to grab mine outta the truck just outside. Instantly thereafter, I heard the familiar Wally theme song-- 'Security Security !!', and a commitee of large neckless fellows appeared at my elbow, and encouraged me to leave Alvin alone.

However, after the show, I bribed a roadie with a package of marching powder into letting me into Alvin's dressing room, wherein I got my hands on his shoulders, looked him in the eye, and told him I really loved his 'A Time in Space' album, and got his autograph while he told me- that's 'A Space in Time', mate. He invited me to stay and hang out with him, and told me to wait outside another door. Imagine my suprise when the door clicked shut behind me, locked, with no door handle, and I was on the far rear alley loading dock.

How about Savoy Brown backing up Deep Purple at the Boston Gardens when a ' Voice of the Theater' speaker cabinet fell off the tower and squarshed a rent-a-cop?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Ever hear Jeff Beck's- 'Where Were You'?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Ahhhh! .....Jeff Beck..... MY guitar hero...... saw him once in his early days with the Yardbirds .... absolutely awesome.... Fender Tele and two Vox AC30's (one as a pre-amp for the other) .... small gig it was (dance not concert) .... I was only about 6 feet away from his amps (or less)..... truly mind-blowing...... especially when he held it just by the neck and continued to play it one-handed..... at the time I was struggling with simple tunes...this guy was doin' outragous stuff with feedback and distortion.... ah the memories come flooding back......

Happy days
Teddy
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Wally
Great story. I saw them with Mott the Hoople over at Harvard Stadium. I went to the gardens a few times but the place for me was the Tea Party on Berkley street. AH but I could weave you some tales of those days that would float and twist about your head like fine strands of opium smoke. I must have heard that song I have most all early beck but the name itself eludes me. To bad you missed Charles St and the Boston Common around 67-68 the east coasts version of Haight-Ashbury.Once again I could tell you stories that would have you look the Mighty Quinn eye to eye before the bright orange sunshine made you squint so you would top off what was running through your brain with a minor skinpop and things were never in better focus. Youth wasted on youth tis a shame
I say we start a movement to bring back Lids.
PB
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

BennytheBlade wrote:Stevie Ray Vaughn and TX blues floats my boat.... but Im from TX, so im kinda biased.
"kinda" biased? :lol:
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

ok... VERY BIASED
found this for ya

Song for Jman
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Benny great tune.
PB
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

BennytheBlade wrote:ok... VERY BIASED
found this for ya

Song for Jman
Nice... I like that song all of the sudden :lol: